Defensive out of position question Topic

I'm looking ahead to next season in my progressive. Hopefully, I can draft a real SS, but in case I can't, it looks like Carney Lansford will have to shift over and play SS. He has ratings as follows:

1B: A+/D-
2B: D/D-
3B: A/D

The way I understand it, 2B is the closest on the defensive spectrum, but he's already awful at 2B. Does the SIM shift from the closest position on the spectrum, or might it shift him from 3B, since he's much better there in the first place?

FWIW, Lansford has played 540 innings of SS this season as an A+/D at both 1B and 3B, and he's got a .977 FLD and 4.93 RF. Not spectacular, but certainly acceptable.
9/24/2009 9:42 AM
The shift occurs from his natural position. Assuming that's 3B, he'll play about like he is this year... decent fielding and bad range.

So his ratings at other positions don't matter, only his rating at his primary position is translated.
9/24/2009 10:29 AM
That makes perfect sense...don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks, jfranco.
9/24/2009 10:47 AM
I've never played in a progressive-- but why couldn't you draft a real SS?
9/24/2009 5:59 PM
Sometimes there aren't any available by the time your pick comes or you have to take a players 75 at bat rookie season.

I've been playing Graig Nettles at SS for the last 2 season in a progressive. Errors galore. Bucky Dent is ready to take over next season.
9/24/2009 6:50 PM
There are a couple good SS available, and if one is still on the board when my pick comes up, I'll take him in a heartbeat. I'm not, however, going to pick a second rate SS if there are much better players available (i.e. pitching). Lansford is at least serviceable at SS.
9/25/2009 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By kriz on 9/24/2009Sometimes there aren't any available by the time your pick comes or you have to take a players 75 at bat rookie season.

I've been playing Graig Nettles at SS for the last 2 season in a progressive. Errors galore. Bucky Dent is ready to take over next season.
Thanks.
9/25/2009 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GregNLFan on 9/24/2009I've never played in a progressive-- but why couldn't you draft a real SS?
not a knock on GregNLFan but how many of you progressive players chucked at this post
how many times have i wished i could draft "a real SS"
9/25/2009 5:58 PM
he didn't know so he asked...that's what the forums are for
9/25/2009 7:04 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/25/2009 7:52 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/26/2009 12:52 PM
No one can accuse me of not trying
9/26/2009 2:41 PM
Defensive out of position question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.