End of game and overtime situations Topic

The manager needs to have some control! I hate seeing that my team lost a close game in regulation or overtime and one of my best players (partial season) is on the bench because i didn't start him. In real life the coach would decide who is on the floor at crunch time. It's possible, i might want to insert a 3 pt shooter with a high efg% or give the ball to DWade but i can't do that unless he starts.

1/28/2010 10:11 AM
mr. snid, that exact point has been mentioned before so many times that it's become almost a cliche' now... if u can't complain about it in the forums, then u can only send in a ticket... and we all know what happens when u do that... nothing else to be said about this subject... thread closed!

1/28/2010 11:26 AM
One thing to look at doing, though it becomes really difficult to manage the fatigue, is to start the guys you want in at the end of the game, no matter how few minutes they play.

For example, on one of my teams, I have a 1499 minute Dennis Scott season and a 2021 minute Dale Ellis season. Scott does pretty much everything better than Ellis, so at the end of the game, when the extra few ast% or the extra 12 def (lol) might matter, I want him in. So I start him.

The trouble is, when you do this, it's extremely hard to get the starter to play close to his targetted minutes, and when you're only at about 18 minutes a game, a small variation of 4 or 5 minutes will drive your fatigue way down, especially during the first half of the season.

I have a similar problem with Donyell Marshall (1645) and Chuck Person (2131). What I've done is to start Marshall versus most teams, but versus those 3 or 4 that are completely hopeless (for them), I start Chuck and give Marshall a big minutes break, hoping to get him fresh for a team I need him against.

It's harder to do this with guys who play less and less minutes, but it's something you might want to look into trying.
1/28/2010 5:42 PM
I hear ya scud and ash, just thought it needed to be said.
1/28/2010 7:43 PM
again
1/28/2010 10:22 PM
End of game and overtime situations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.