College League Topic

Here are the teams in IMO that could field a competitive team in the SIM

Depaul, Duke, Florida State, Georgetown, Indiana, Kansas State, LSU, Marquette, Michigan State, NC State, Ohio State, St. Johns, Stanford, Syracuse, Arizona, Arkansas, UCLA, UConn, Cincinnatti, Florida, Illnois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, UNLV, North Carolina, Norte Dame, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Villanova, Wake Forest and Houston added Georgia Tech, Auburn

Its actually now 41 teams. Let me know you thoughts, missing teams, etc. These are colleges that could (in general) field a decent starting rotation. Some better than others of course

Here are the rules I propose:

Pick one of these teams, possiblity eliminating North Carolina and maybe UCLA becuase they are stacked. The rest of the unassigned listed teams are eliminated. Then we hold a draft to pick one or two (undecided about this) of the remaining college teams. Eliminating Rodman's and Larry Bird's colleges. Perhaps it would be in order of finish in league worst to first or visa versa.

$37m dollar league no rookies, WW or clones

Also to alievate any confusion we use this as the database (unless someone has a better one):

http://www.databasebasketball.com/players/playerbycollege.htm
4/14/2010 7:34 AM
College Theme Leagues used to be a staple of NBA SIM users. There was frequently a "straight" (all 12 players from 1 school) League and some sort of "twist" or "combo" (1 school's bc and another's FC or something like that) League going on at the same time. They would fill in just a few days, and owners knew that had to grab a team quick. Gosh, I sure miss those days.
4/14/2010 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By all3 on 4/14/2010College Theme Leagues used to be a staple of NBA SIM users. There was frequently a "straight" (all 12 players from 1 school) League and some sort of "twist" or "combo" (1 school's bc and another's FC or something like that) League going on at the same time. They would fill in just a few days, and owners knew that had to grab a team quick. Gosh, I sure miss those days
Well amerk1180 ran a best conference league (and maybe this one too, just throwing an idea out there) and the league is almost to the playoffs. So we were talking if we should do it again and this is somewhat the result of it. If this works out and everyone doesnt re-up we would love to have you in the league
4/14/2010 10:26 AM
I would love to do a league like this. Picking the Sooners would be a pre req for me though.
4/14/2010 1:33 PM
Maybe we can do picking instead of random selection. Everyone give me your thoughts on this. Just trying to make it fair as possible...
4/14/2010 1:40 PM
Sorry, my total disgust with this version of the SIM forced me to swear-off anything but my Regressive Leagues several months ago. The ridiculous game-to-game swings may cause me to drop even those until an updated version (like that will ever happen).
4/14/2010 3:13 PM
I'd be up for the conference theme again but I dont want a randomly selected single team - I'd prefer to pick my own poison
4/15/2010 9:45 AM
Ok so how about we pick our main school (again blacklisting North Carolina and UCLA) and do a draft for the other schools?
4/15/2010 10:56 AM
I like the pick our main school approach. Any consideration to drop the cap a little? 42mill teams can be pretty stacked these days. Dropping it say $5mill can level the playing field a little.
4/15/2010 8:48 PM
love where jcred is going w/a lower cap. consider me in if the cap drops and we do a school draft.

we would need to do a two-school snake draft to even the playing field. the upper half would have an absurd advantage. let's say you pick your main school (six players), and then pick two more schools (three from each).

lots of potential for an interesting and challenging theme, leibo. let's try and see this through.
4/15/2010 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jcred5 on 4/15/2010I like the pick our main school approach. Any consideration to drop the cap a little? 42mill teams can be pretty stacked these days. Dropping it say $5mill can level the playing field a little
Jcred think that a good idea, I'll lower it to $37m. Question with that should we allow North Carolina and UCLA now?
4/16/2010 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By shapandrew7 on 4/15/2010
love where jcred is going w/a lower cap. consider me in if the cap drops and we do a school draft.

we would need to do a two-school snake draft to even the playing field. the upper half would have an absurd advantage. let's say you pick your main school (six players), and then pick two more schools (three from each).

lots of potential for an interesting and challenging theme, leibo. let's try and see this through.
Issue with say taking 6 from main school and 3 each from small school is a school like McNee State. Where its Joe Dumars and that's it. Also what do you think of blacklisting of Rodman's and Bird's schools from the draft?
4/16/2010 7:25 AM
out
4/16/2010 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By felonius on 4/16/2010out
why out now?
4/16/2010 8:17 AM
I don't think this going to get off the ground. What I'm starting to learn is a lot of owners want to have a reasonable assurance they will get some money back or credits. Rather than challenging themselves, its a shame really. They complain about the SIM (which is well waranted) but when leagues come up like this (or others) that can promote the SIM and get some juice back into it. Tumbleweeds....

4/16/2010 1:03 PM
123 Next ▸
College League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.