pick your own aaa/TOC Topic

I am in my first TOC. It seems that since I entered the TOC with a team that I got to pick my AAA guys, I have a very distrinct advantage over any opponent that got the "luck of the draw" AAA.

Have I made an intuitive observation or is this one of those "everybody knows that you dummy" observations?
10/6/2010 6:01 PM
I always feel I have an advantage over opponents in TOCs because I don't have any AAA.
10/7/2010 12:47 AM
?
10/7/2010 7:41 AM
What boogerbreathe meant to say is that he don't need 'no stinking AAA players' to beat you. But yes you would have an advantage when you get to use Walsh, Quinlan, Cardenal and the like against nobodies.

There use to be alot of "Win-A-TOC" leagues where you do not get any farm guys,but instead get an extra $10million to spend on your roster. You would then get placed with all the other teams that used AAA players. Not sure if anybody ever won with that extra $10m? Anybody know?
10/7/2010 9:28 AM
Posted by truemen on 10/7/2010 9:28:00 AM (view original):
What boogerbreathe meant to say is that he don't need 'no stinking AAA players' to beat you. But yes you would have an advantage when you get to use Walsh, Quinlan, Cardenal and the like against nobodies.

There use to be alot of "Win-A-TOC" leagues where you do not get any farm guys,but instead get an extra $10million to spend on your roster. You would then get placed with all the other teams that used AAA players. Not sure if anybody ever won with that extra $10m? Anybody know?
clk0619 and A51 had a "rate-my-roster" contest a long while back, and I believe one of the rosters chosen to try winning a TOC actually did win the TOC clk got them into.
10/7/2010 4:31 PM
I tried my hand at starting a theme league based on this idea...the silence was deafening. Thats okay though, I am still earning my stripes.
10/7/2010 5:16 PM
I already have my skunk stripes and I can't get a theme league going either. And buh-leev me, mine are the coolest. SO don't feel bad.
10/8/2010 12:53 AM
pick your own aaa/TOC Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.