A pinch hitter coming in to bunt for the pitcher? Topic

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.  I had Bob Milacki pitching in the WS, and he was pulled at a PC of 87 out of 105 for a pinch hitter.  Not that big of a deal, but the pinch hitter just bunted over the runner on first over to second.  Why not just leave Milacki in if that was going to happen.  It not like anyone in the bullpen is better then Milacki.  Seems like a very unlogical decision on sparkys part. 
10/11/2010 9:38 PM

I think those are two separate events. Sparky chooses to pinch hit for Milacki before deciding wether to bunt. Sparky's not smart enough to think of everything at once. even if he did what you wanted there would be other people complaining that's not what they want! and surely the hitter is a better bunter than milacki.

you could set milacki to "dont pinch hit for" and set the hitters bunt setting to zero but that  might not be what you want in other situatiuons. 

10/11/2010 10:23 PM
Yah, in "Milacki games", I don't PH for him, and bunting is gay anyway. If your PHer has an OBP of .250 or higher, you shouldn't bunt in any situation. He can throw more than 105 pitches BTW.
10/12/2010 1:17 AM (edited)
Posted by rbow923 on 10/11/2010 10:23:00 PM (view original):

I think those are two separate events. Sparky chooses to pinch hit for Milacki before deciding wether to bunt. Sparky's not smart enough to think of everything at once. even if he did what you wanted there would be other people complaining that's not what they want! and surely the hitter is a better bunter than milacki.

you could set milacki to "dont pinch hit for" and set the hitters bunt setting to zero but that  might not be what you want in other situatiuons. 

Well, I sent in a support ticket. 

I was wondering about the logic about bringing in Scotty Barr to pinch hit for Bob Milacki if all he was going to do is bunt. It seems like it would have been more logical to keep Milacki in to bunt since he only had 87 out of 105 of his TPC. I was wondering if you could clear it up for me.

Thanks

profcake
10/14/2010 2:02 PM Customer Support
Michael,
That is definitely a questionable decision. We will be reviewing the logic in the coming weeks and will make an adjustment.

Thanks

So at least they might look into it at some point.  But back to another point, as for Barr being a better bunter I agree.  But is there even an event in WiS for a failed sacrifice bunt attempt?  And if there is not( I have never seen one), it seems like Milacki would have to be the only choice.
10/14/2010 4:37 PM
It can happen, but I've noticed in the boxscores for LIVE games that more often than not (probably ~80% of the time) it just shows up as a fielders choice.
10/14/2010 6:31 PM
A pinch hitter coming in to bunt for the pitcher? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.