Minutes and Games Played Topic

Does the sim engine take into account how many games were played AND minutes? Or mainly focused on minutes. For example, a great player might have a short season due to injury and thus have say 1600 minutes over 40 games as opposed to a true back-up who has those 1600 minutes over say 75-80 games.

Thanks! I'm new here and really enjoying digging into the stats.
7/20/2018 6:28 AM
it's minutes, either example is good for about 19-20 mpg
7/20/2018 6:48 AM (edited)
Yeah, what he said.
7/20/2018 11:52 AM
Thanks guys. I didn't know if it penalized me for playing someone who had a partial season due to injury.
7/20/2018 2:22 PM
For total clarification, you can play a player his RL minutes * 1.02 / 82 per game. That's the number that's important.

So 91-92 Dennis Rodman (3301 minutes) can play 41.06 minutes per game without suffering any fatigue... and he can play quite a bit more (not sure exact number) without getting hurt. I've never seen a player hurt with 90% fatigue or more.
7/20/2018 3:59 PM
Thanks, Ash! I enjoyed your previous posts giving tips. I've found them very helpful constructing my team.
7/20/2018 7:16 PM
so i understand you would wanna play a guy more minuets against a tougher match-up you wanna win and play him less against an opponent you think you should handle easier. is there a range to this? i will use my 95/96 dikembe mutombo for example, im in a progressive and not worried about my min.
i get 33 recommended min per 82. what is the max/min amount of min i would wanna play him?
1/20/2020 7:11 PM
I'm typically VERY sharing when it comes to info on this sim, but when it comes to a lot of stuff you're talking about, that's straight coaching, and that's something that you really need to learn by doing. I will say that when I initially set up my depth chart, I will set guys to play 2-4 minutes more per game than their rl/82 if I expect to win a lot & adjust according to how they're actually performing and depending on how tough my opponent is. It also depends on usage & how much of it I have. And other factors, depending on the type of league it is...

Basically, I can't tell you because of all of the variables & my belief that personal experience is paramount. Your example, I'd probably have Mutombo at 36 to start, lower it to 33 or 32 when he hits 99% fatigue or when I'm facing a crappy team. I'd up it to 38 or 40 vs a stronger opponent, or if I'm going against an especially critical game, I might play him the full 48 and then play him less the next few games. Like I said - so many variables. I adjust my depth chart after every game every day.
1/20/2020 10:03 PM
That makes a lot of sense Ashamael and i can agree with that. I appreciate the response and with you having 83 chips, will take what you give me.
1/20/2020 11:59 PM
If it is a league I really, really care about then I will calculate the optimal minutes each game using the current sum and their ideal end sum (RL*1.02). But there are only a couple leagues worth doing that. In an open league or a progressive or something, just set all your main guys to a rounded up version of their 1.02 numbers, figure out how many minutes your rookies can play, and just rotate them out with your bench guys whenever someone is fatigued.
1/21/2020 6:53 PM
This formula will be a good tool for me to use long term in a season.
we had an injury in the progressive im in.
the player rec min 14 per 82, he was played 29min game 1. fatigue shows 81% to start the next game.
Should a general rule for max min you wanna play a guy is somewhere around (RL*1.5)? With a 100% fatigue though. How would this change during the course of a season. If mid to late season your player is still 100% or even something decent around 97%, could you push him this hard?
1/24/2020 6:12 AM
You wanna use RL*1.02, not 1.5. I really don't start worrying to much about fatigue until someone is around 95%.
1/24/2020 1:01 PM
Minutes and Games Played Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.