Rotations and Minutes Played Topic

Does anyone have a technique for setting an actual rotation? The only control we seem to have is with minutes targeted and lineup. If we want usage to look like this, for instance:

PG (22%)
SG (30-%)
SF (15%)
PF (25%)
C (16%)

how do I avoid my PG with 27% usage getting on the court with my 30-% SG and my 25 % PF and 25% C?
1/21/2020 1:48 PM
You can't control that. You are at the SIM's mercy.

1/21/2020 2:26 PM
Posted by clayolson1 on 1/21/2020 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone have a technique for setting an actual rotation? The only control we seem to have is with minutes targeted and lineup. If we want usage to look like this, for instance:

PG (22%)
SG (30-%)
SF (15%)
PF (25%)
C (16%)

how do I avoid my PG with 27% usage getting on the court with my 30-% SG and my 25 % PF and 25% C?
You can't really. The only way I really control it is to mostly draft the same (or similar) usage profile across every position (eg. all my PG minutes have 2 points of usage, all my SG minutes have 1 point, etc.). Obviously you can't fully cover it perfectly and you need to control for making sure you account for cumulative usage %... but that is a high level strategy that works all right for me.
1/21/2020 6:49 PM
I've tried the last couple seasons going almost the opposite of getting the same usage for backups...I get one high usage guy to anchor the bench as 6th man that more or less puts me in position to have minimal opportunities for any usage issues. Much easier to do in a multi-season progressive, but it seems to be helping so far though admittedly there's no way to quantify how much.
1/21/2020 8:40 PM
yeah, those kind of factors are harder to control in a progressive over a number of years, so your approach actually is probably a good one when it comes to this.
1/21/2020 10:04 PM
Rotations and Minutes Played Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.