THE $52 Million Draft LXXI Commentary Topic

It goes without saying, if one knows he will be away from the computer for a while, one can send a proxy. I am around this week and can post fairly easily. Keeps things moving for everyone. Thanks in advance.
12/29/2020 4:55 PM
isn't booda a first responder?
12/29/2020 5:29 PM
I believe so. He sitemailed me this morning saying he was ready and waiting on brad. I suggested he could send me a proxy. David Stern I am not.
12/29/2020 5:49 PM
thank Dawg for that
12/29/2020 6:40 PM
and through 3 picks we are chalky AF
12/29/2020 6:40 PM
Posted by copernicus on 12/29/2020 6:40:00 PM (view original):
and through 3 picks we are chalky AF
I've been waiting for someone to tell me that the Stilt is no longer a legit top pick at this cap level.
12/30/2020 10:11 AM
I will get some sort of evals done but they won’t be my most thorough work. Between high school basketball starting Monday and the GOZ stuff I’m finishing I won’t have a ton of time. I’m also a lot better at evaluating teams in a lower cap format so don’t take what I say too seriously! I will get something done though!
12/31/2020 11:30 AM
Thank you
12/31/2020 12:44 PM
Of course after making 5 David Robinson/Kawhi teams in savage, the two BPAs that fell my way were Robinson and Kawhi...
1/2/2021 8:15 PM
After all these years, this is the first time I've landed the first overall pick and kept it. I'm very accustomed to picking at the 1/2 turn, so am highly curious to see who's available at the 2/3 turn.
1/3/2021 1:21 PM
Obviously I'm trying out a D-heavy approach here, anchored by 3 100 D guys in Erving, Davis, and Wallace. But I'm a little concerned about what my options are gonna be at the guard spots when it gets all the way to the late 5th round for my next pick,
1/5/2021 9:15 AM
I'm seeing some unexpected starts this time around. Gerry's got three bigs in three picks, while jcred's got two PGs and a SF. Mashed together that would be one heck of a squad.

I'm not gonna say Ron Harper doesn't belong in this league - he's got one really nice season as long as other positions supply enough perimeter scoring - but I'm pretty sure he would have been available in the sixth round.

Harden and George makes for a ton of usage and a ton of threes. Nothing wrong with that, but I know what my defensive game plan will be.

mikee, I'm rooting for you. I've tried building around both Wade and Duncan many times in this league and those teams have never amounted to much. May the Force be with you.

Some classic 52 starts by thomcat, amerk, and sixernuggets.

1/5/2021 9:21 AM
I don't think Jokic went too early - he's an intriguing Swiss Army knife in this league. But offsetting his poor D requires some care, and it would be nice if he shot better from 3.

I actually seriously considered taking Jokic at the turn because it would be a hoot to play with the flexibility a Wilt-Joker frontcourt provides, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. And as it is I'm content for now with the opening trio of Chamberlain, Billups, and Klay. I've got my 3s, most of my ast% for the starting lineup, offensive spacing, a good start on D and usage, and ridiculously low PFs so far.
1/5/2021 11:11 AM
I'm giddy about Giannis and DeAndre, but curious to hear what other people think
1/5/2021 11:39 AM
Posted by bds9992 on 1/5/2021 11:39:00 AM (view original):
I'm giddy about Giannis and DeAndre, but curious to hear what other people think
I think it's a very solid start, and early indications are that some quality players will fall lower than they should in later rounds.
1/5/2021 11:54 AM
12345 Next ▸
THE $52 Million Draft LXXI Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.