New Theme League - No State Farms/No Clones Topic

Hi all,

I set up a theme league to eliminate State Farms and clone usage. Budget is the same as open leagues at $47m. If you're interested, we have around 8 spots left at the time of this posting. Would love to have you!

https://www.whatifsports.com/x.asp?r=911141&u=/nba-l/gotime.asp?lid=66963.ptf=9.95
6/4/2021 8:14 PM
Great league. We are 16 games in rn, ans I'm looking forward to the next
6/17/2021 10:16 PM
What qualifies as State Farm? I have a team with 19800 minutes and 2847 assists
6/19/2021 1:01 PM
state farm is the name for the high assist exploit where a team will field 180%ish as% on the floor (Stockton 40+, Stockton 40+, Magic 39+, Lebron 33+, Jokic 25+ is a classic example of such a lineup but in can be accomplished without clones) and enjoy an extraordinary boost to FG% - I believe the pioneer of the strategy used 'state farm' in his team names
6/19/2021 1:34 PM (edited)
that team should have plenty of weaknesses - no rebounding, meh defense, bad scoring range balance, high turnovers but the FG% boost is so (almost) exponential that none of that matters

you could throw 5 100 ds at that squad they would still shoot ridiculous % most of the time
6/19/2021 1:38 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/19/2021 1:38:00 PM (view original):
that team should have plenty of weaknesses - no rebounding, meh defense, bad scoring range balance, high turnovers but the FG% boost is so (almost) exponential that none of that matters

you could throw 5 100 ds at that squad they would still shoot ridiculous % most of the time
they'd shoot like 59% instead of 65%...

...and still beat you by 40.

I'd say State Farm is anything over 140%. I have no idea what this league set as the limit or how they're enforcing it since they didn't advertise any of those details. Had they had, I might have joined.
6/19/2021 6:26 PM
@ash - The rule is your team cannot have over 3500 assists.

You're right, the commissioner should have posted that here. I'm the one who told him to use the Forums. The guys who run the league play a lot, but they're not familiar with the Theme League Classifieds, etc.
6/19/2021 6:55 PM
New Theme League - No State Farms/No Clones Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.