Bob Dylan radio show on baseball!! Topic

If you don't know Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour- with a new theme every episode, check it out.

turns out he did one on baseball!

https://youtu.be/ss9dKN5dmlE?si=70VU1p-A7_gQ9QB2

5/15/2024 4:43 PM
Posted by italyprof on 5/15/2024 4:43:00 PM (view original):
If you don't know Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour- with a new theme every episode, check it out.

turns out he did one on baseball!

https://youtu.be/ss9dKN5dmlE?si=70VU1p-A7_gQ9QB2

Dylan is a sports fan. At least 2 songs about boxers.
5/15/2024 6:11 PM
I've listened to every episode (I think there are 100 or so). Some of the songs are weird and corny, but overall they're a pleasure to listen to, and I was introduced to quite a few performers I'd never heard of before who I now love (like the Louvin Brothers). And Dylan's got a dry wit, for sure. Before playing a Bruce Springsteen song, he said something like, "And I believe Bruce is from...New Jersey." Very deadpan.
5/15/2024 8:50 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 5/15/2024 8:51:00 PM (view original):
I've listened to every episode (I think there are 100 or so). Some of the songs are weird and corny, but overall they're a pleasure to listen to, and I was introduced to quite a few performers I'd never heard of before who I now love (like the Louvin Brothers). And Dylan's got a dry wit, for sure. Before playing a Bruce Springsteen song, he said something like, "And I believe Bruce is from...New Jersey." Very deadpan.
Yeah it's an amazing show. I have only listened to 5 or 6 so far. Great to know there are 100 or so.

Yeah, Bruce, I grew up in New Jersey, in the 70s, he was god there. Dylan has always teased him about things.

What you see is Dylan's friendly and playful side, which was never apparent in interviews, or even much in his autobiography, which was kinda grouchy.

This is more fun. And he is an encyclopedia of knowledge about American culture and music!

Plus in this one it's great to hear that he knows Ozzie Smith - who knew there was a song about Ozzie?! - and Don Newcombe, etc. He never plays his own songs, or we might have heard his "Catfish"...
5/16/2024 4:47 AM
Bob Dylan radio show on baseball!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.