How many of y'all play Strat-O-Matic baseball too?

I'm a card & dice guy, currently about to play a 78 Yankee/86 Mets World Series.
7/3/2023 1:25 AM
I played it from 1971-1995 quite a bit. We had a league in my small hometown with a dozen guys that played face to face most of those years...always great fun! Still have all of my cards from all of those seasons. I switched over to OOTP several years ago because of the price.
7/3/2023 4:51 AM
I was an APBA guy as a kid. Have played it on their website every once in a while over the last few years.
7/3/2023 10:52 AM
I played religiously for about 15-20 years. I even participated in National Tournaments. Finished 2nd in the World Championship the first year they held it, in New Orleans.
7/3/2023 7:54 PM
My cousin had a sports illustrated football game that was loads of fun.
7/3/2023 8:03 PM
Was APBA kid, inherited the bug from my father.
7/3/2023 8:30 PM
Strat was Saturday ritual for years! We had a league and kept stats. I miss it. Cards and dice forever!
7/3/2023 10:47 PM
APBA
7/7/2023 2:41 PM
APBA
7/8/2023 7:58 AM
APBA, still have an extensive collection of cards. Played a lot in the 80s-90s. Red Sox season replays were my specialty. Neither my kids nor my nephews/nieces ever really got into it, so at some point I will sell my collection. I do still occasionally break out the old cards and dice and play a game or a series for nostalgia.
7/8/2023 8:31 AM
Played it often (in my mind is was almost daily, but that can't be correct) from 1971 to 1973 or 1974. A great part of my youth. I often played solo, but had a couple of friends in the neighborhood who do face to face. Then it was off to high school, college and a move west. Around 1986, I was in a toy store and saw the "Strat" set w/ the 1985 cards. I bought it thinking it would be fun to get back into, but it didn't have the same youthful allure it once held over me. Like C23, that game still comes out ever few years for no other reason than nostalgia. I figured our community here on WIS started with some sort of board game/dice game or another.
7/10/2023 6:16 PM (edited)
My dad introduced me to Strat-o-Matic. He had 8 teams from 1970: Expos, Mets, Astros, Pirates, Orioles, Royals, Red Sox, and Twins. I played it with him, by myself, and with my one friend who was also into it, throughout the 80s. At some point along the way I got a bunch of old teams for Christmas (I remember 1906 Cubs, 27 Yankees, and 34 Cardinals among others). I finally bought my own set as an adult, and had the full 1995 season. I still have it in the basement, and once every couple years I'll pull it out and play Mariners vs Expos. Great memories.
7/11/2023 9:50 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.