Did I give him enough playing time? Topic

I am not sure if I gave a guy enough playing time after he complained. Was trying to win games and he isn't all that great. It would be nice for him to return for his Senior season though. Anyway, is work ethic bumped up to -6 from -7 and I managed to get him over 10 mpg on the season. I'm guessing he is a goner.
1/12/2021 7:48 AM
Did he not mention in the email how much time he wanted? What was he getting before you bumped him up?
1/12/2021 8:11 AM
I crunched the numbers after I posted this. He was averaging 9.8 before and I gave him 10.4 after. He asked for a minute or two more.
1/12/2021 8:43 AM
i think you are talking about a returning player complaining, not a new player / promises, right? if so, the returning players leave very rarely, and you can mostly ignore those messages. on rare occasion, one will quit though. so if you really would be upset about it, you can do something, but perhaps 1 of 50 will quit if they complain and you ignore it. it kinda sounds like the extra minute or so didn't make a difference, and the guy is still gonna be about 2% to leave (just like if you ignored it). but it could be less likely than that. 10mpg is pretty much for a senior to quit, it would probably be 1-2% at 0mpg. we are just talking so low odds its impossible for me to say if that 10mpg makes a difference or not.

but long story short at least 98% chance the guy comes back?
1/12/2021 12:32 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/12/2021 12:32:00 PM (view original):
i think you are talking about a returning player complaining, not a new player / promises, right? if so, the returning players leave very rarely, and you can mostly ignore those messages. on rare occasion, one will quit though. so if you really would be upset about it, you can do something, but perhaps 1 of 50 will quit if they complain and you ignore it. it kinda sounds like the extra minute or so didn't make a difference, and the guy is still gonna be about 2% to leave (just like if you ignored it). but it could be less likely than that. 10mpg is pretty much for a senior to quit, it would probably be 1-2% at 0mpg. we are just talking so low odds its impossible for me to say if that 10mpg makes a difference or not.

but long story short at least 98% chance the guy comes back?
This is exactly it, in my experience. Unless you promised him minutes in recruiting this last season.. He is almost certainly coming back.
1/12/2021 1:10 PM
Did I give him enough playing time? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.