Previous season recruiting effort carries over? Topic

I'm assuming it does, but I'd like confirmation.

Last season, I recruited a guard who looked promising.  But when it came down to offering scholarships, I went with a different player (that turned out to be a major mistake on my part as the other player scored a 1.9 gpa his first semester - live and learn).

Then this season, I did a scouting search and saw that same guard listed again, this time with 3 years of eligibility left.  Of course, now he's over 900 miles away at a CC, but the dollar column on the scouting report still shows the $800 I spent last year next to his name.

So now I'm wondering if that $800 will count as recruiting effort this season and I might not be able to re-recruit the kid for a bit less money than normal?  Will he remember it, or is that just deceiving and I'm back to square one?

3/4/2011 12:07 PM
There is some recruiting credit carried over.  But not the full 100%.  Some estimate it to be around 25% of the original effort from the previous season.
If nothing else, send a call and a scholarship offer once recruiting starts.    For a D3 team that may be enough to get him to consider you.  For a D2 team it may take a bit more.
3/4/2011 12:13 PM
May not want to share with everybody exactly how much you've spent on the guy...
3/4/2011 3:11 PM

This past season, I received recruiting credit for a guy that I recruiting three seasons ago.    I recruited him and lost him.   He spent an RS year and two years at the other school before leaving or getting cut.   I didn't even know he was available until he showed up on my recruiting list without me putting a dime into him during that cycle.

3/4/2011 3:19 PM
Posted by _hannibal_ on 3/4/2011 3:11:00 PM (view original):
May not want to share with everybody exactly how much you've spent on the guy...
I thought about that, but the guy is a backup option for me if a couple of other players don't pan out.  So no big loss if that happens.

3/4/2011 3:22 PM
ethan, go with what iguana posted. 
3/4/2011 11:43 PM
Previous season recruiting effort carries over? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.