When I look at boxscores on my Droid, I can only see about 1/2 of the home team. The rest of the box score is gray, whether I view it horizontally or vertically.   Changing the size of the print doesn't help, either.

How can I see the entire boxscore?
4/20/2011 6:46 AM
You see more than I can, I usually see all of visiting team and only 1 or 2 players on the home team. It must have to do with box scores being a pop up frame with fixed scroll unlike the web pages being full scroll. But I am not web programmer so I could just be wildly speculating.

at least I can use the drop down menus and actually navigate to the game plan screens - I couldn't do that on my Palm.
4/20/2011 7:19 AM
On the iPhone you have to do a 2 finger scroll on some pages (box scores, team/player pages). I don't have a droid but I'd imagine you'd have to do the same. Put two fingers on the screen and move them upwards, see if the page scrolls for you.
4/20/2011 7:35 AM
Posted by headpirate on 4/20/2011 7:19:00 AM (view original):
You see more than I can, I usually see all of visiting team and only 1 or 2 players on the home team. It must have to do with box scores being a pop up frame with fixed scroll unlike the web pages being full scroll. But I am not web programmer so I could just be wildly speculating.

at least I can use the drop down menus and actually navigate to the game plan screens - I couldn't do that on my Palm.
Haha, same exact problem with my droid, and I had the same problem as you with the Palm.
4/20/2011 10:49 AM
Posted by ryrun on 4/20/2011 7:35:00 AM (view original):
On the iPhone you have to do a 2 finger scroll on some pages (box scores, team/player pages). I don't have a droid but I'd imagine you'd have to do the same. Put two fingers on the screen and move them upwards, see if the page scrolls for you.
Doesn't work on my Droid.  It's not a scrolling problem, it actually cuts off the info.
4/20/2011 10:49 AM
Are you just using the default droid browser?

You may need to install a better browser, like firefox, on your droid.  Try going to http://firefox.com/m and getting it there or I think you can get it through the app store (it's free).  Hopefully that will work for you guys.
4/20/2011 11:18 AM
Yea, I have the same problem with my iPhone. But you can't install firefox on it to my knowledge.      
4/20/2011 11:23 AM
Posted by car_crazy_v2 on 4/20/2011 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Yea, I have the same problem with my iPhone. But you can't install firefox on it to my knowledge.      
It works fine on the iPhone, you just have to do the 2-finger scroll like I mentioned above.  iPhone uses Safari as its browser, but I think droid has its own custom browser that is probably not handling the pop up frame correctly.
4/20/2011 11:28 AM
Download Dolphin Mini from the Android Market. Its seems to be the best droid browser for WIS. It doesn't cut off anything from the play by play and no issue with multiple pop-ups.
4/21/2011 8:36 PM
i just downloaded dolphin.  i can see the full play by play, but the boxscore is still cut off
4/21/2011 9:07 PM
I was having the same issue with Dolphin on my Motorola Droid 1.

What is working perfectly for me though is Oprea Mini (not mobile but mini).
4/22/2011 3:58 AM
My Pre cuts off the box score as well.  2 finger swipy doesn't work on the pre either.  Then again, it is as old as dirt, so old technology...
4/22/2011 11:57 AM
Posted by john_mills on 4/22/2011 11:57:00 AM (view original):
My Pre cuts off the box score as well.  2 finger swipy doesn't work on the pre either.  Then again, it is as old as dirt, so old technology...
I just dumped the Pre for the HTC Evo 3G and am digging it, especially on WIS. Have not changed browsers yet (will try the Opera Mini), but on the HTC I can now navigate the drop down menus -- which means can game plan and could recruit if had to.
4/22/2011 12:25 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 4/22/2011 3:58:00 AM (view original):
I was having the same issue with Dolphin on my Motorola Droid 1.

What is working perfectly for me though is Oprea Mini (not mobile but mini).
OK, after further testing, things like the Roster pages are cut off in Opera Mini ... but these pages seem to work for me in Opera Mobile.

Opera Mobile is huge though ... so it might be tight on some of the Android phones.  If you are using one of the Android 2.3 phones, you can copy Opera Mobile to the SD card and run it from there.  At least it seems to work well that way on my Motorola Droid 1 running the Simply Stunning ROM from ChevyNo1.
4/23/2011 4:52 AM
thanks guys. switched to opera for Droid. so much better
4/23/2011 11:22 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.