How many starts to keep promise? Topic

4/21/2011 3:54 PM
75% or rounded 20 out of 26 seems to work with my past players. Do not have to keep promises when conference tourney starts.
4/21/2011 3:57 PM
He only needs to start 80% of tha games he plays in.  Dont play him and he starts 100% of the games he played in!
4/21/2011 3:59 PM
If you can be selective in which games to use the method such as playing teams you are even with..upping minutes against teams you are favored against...use method when clearly an underdog....can avg 10mpg for season and get improvements and sit him when needed.
4/21/2011 4:35 PM
Posted by carlnault on 4/21/2011 4:35:00 PM (view original):
If you can be selective in which games to use the method such as playing teams you are even with..upping minutes against teams you are favored against...use method when clearly an underdog....can avg 10mpg for season and get improvements and sit him when needed.
What does upping his minutes have to do with how many starts he makes?
4/22/2011 3:32 AM
he deleted a comment as well as another thread gone. had asked about how to use the referenced method and still gain improvements for his player.  does look out of context when comments are deleted.
4/22/2011 9:34 AM
someone had mentioned  starting said player but keeping them off the depth chart.
4/22/2011 9:37 AM
I think you are right Brip87 - you can get away with like 1 start and then take him off the depth chart and be ok.  I actually brought that issue up over a year ago, as I thought it would be a way people could game the system.  Nobody really seemed to care, which I thought was odd.  Regardless, in this instance, I actually do need said player to play (i am also jpmills3), so sitting him is not an option.  75-80% is good to know.  I will use my preferred lineup in the other 20-25% - games against my most difficult opponents - and pray in the other 75-80% :)
4/22/2011 11:53 AM
jp, I think it is more than 75-80%. Its been a while, and I think there is a random element over when/if a kid will *****, but I think the actually amount of starts is closer to 90 than 80%...gl.
4/22/2011 2:06 PM
I saw on one of the searched forums that a coach alternated starts (had promised 2 guys at the same position a start) with another player and both remained happy.  anyone else experienced that?
4/22/2011 2:07 PM
i havent john... but i have had many instances of promised starts with 6-7 missed and it was fine. my advice is to try to start him about 20 out of 26, making sure the last few games of the reg season, you start him (to make sure that you don't cross the line when its too late to fix it). if the player complains along the way, just start him the rest of the way and you should have no problem.

oh wait... this is the guy we battled for, huh? in that case, yes, you can start him half the time ;) 
4/24/2011 8:05 PM
I recently tried to keep 3 guys with promised starts happy rotating them amongst 2 positions.  None of them were happy with 2/3 of the starts, so I ended up permanently bringing the least important off the bench and he promptly transferred.  I wasn't sad to see him go, honestly...  Regardless, I'd say you'd have to be obscenely lucky to rotate 2 promised starts through one position and get away with it.
4/24/2011 8:22 PM
How many starts to keep promise? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.