co-coach a team, anyone? (high end d1) Topic

i have been trying to build a d1 team back to a/a+ prestige, because i dropped my two high end d1 teams just before seble's 5 man rule came out. im afraid enough coaches are catching on, and/or seble will get it and fix it, before i ever get to have any fun. is there anyone out there with an A or A+ (or b+/a- in the right market) team (2 a day), who is getting bored with that team or something, and wants to coach it together, for something new? especially if you are a coach struggling to get over the hump, i think it would be a valuable learning experience. you would retain full ownership of the team, and would have the power to make all final decisions. i don't have time to run a 3rd team all the way right now anyway.

final note, i think this kind of thing is allowed, its 2 coaches working on 1 team, not 2 coaches working together using 2 teams in the same world. i can't think of anything wrong with it, but if there is any reason i am overlooking that violates fair play, let me know, and i will rescind my offer.

edit: this is my alternate ID, for coach_billyg and gillispie

6/4/2012 9:31 AM (edited)
As far as I know, this violates no rules. written or otherwise.  I have done a similar thing before as a hands on type mentoring with new coaches. And I also agree that this IS an excellent opportunity for someone to pick the brain of a highly successful coach in a way that goes well beyond sitemailing Q & A.
6/4/2012 10:10 AM

I always thought the idea was better than a mentor

6/4/2012 1:06 PM
I am not at high D1 (trying to get back there currently) but I would love to learn from someone if they wanted to co-coach one of my D2 teams! 
6/4/2012 1:46 PM
5 man rule?
6/4/2012 1:52 PM
Speak to Metsmax...he is considering leaving Kentucky and we really cant afford to lose him; maybe you can  give him the spark needed to hang around!
6/4/2012 5:25 PM
You can help me run my BC team in knight if you want! interesting project in hand here...With a weak recruiting session for my first season I'll need a strong showing for the next. Obviously located in B.EAST territory so tournament earnings are going to usually be a big deal. 
*edit* shoot me a sitemail if you're interested.
6/4/2012 5:34 PM
P.S. not getting your fix from South Carolina in tark? ;)
6/4/2012 5:37 PM
would love some help getting over the hump at fairfield or UNI but not sure that's what you're looking for.
6/4/2012 11:47 PM
I think I'm interested. A- Villanova team headed for an 8 seed in the tournament with 1 sr and 1 ee candidate. Site mail me if you're interested and how you think it should work. I haven't been able to dedicate time to gameplanning besides rudimentary settings changes in a while, regardless of how many teams I've had.
6/5/2012 10:33 AM (edited)
everybody - thanks for all the responses! i have a b+ d1 team already, and really don't have time for a 3rd - as such, i really was not looking to coach a team with someone that required all the work of rebuilding! just was hoping to help recruit on a team where they already were over the hump, had the good prestige, and we could try a specific strategy before seble changes EEs. also, i hate 1 a day worlds, or i would probably take at least 1 or 2 people up on their offer. thanks again for the offers, and good luck with your teams!
6/6/2012 1:39 PM
co-coach a team, anyone? (high end d1) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.