Atlantic 10 in Knight becoming very strong Topic

If you are able to qualify, please consider the Atlantic 10 in Knight. We have one new coach committed to coming this year, which brings us to 8 teams with human coaches. We placed 3 teams in the NT last year, and one in the PI, so the conference is getting some good recruiting $$$. My team St. Louis team made the 2nd round and Charlotte made the Sweet 16. We also added a couple of good coaches last year. We are starting to approach the point where we can be competitive with the big conferences, in terms of recruiting $$$, and if we can fill it up we could be one of the very best Mid majors in Hoops Dynasty. We were #7 of the conferences last year in conference RPI, just below the Big 6. It is a great group of coaches with a nice conference message board. Come join us.
6/7/2012 2:30 PM
Yep, it's a good conference.

All baseline prestige's are B or B- and there are 3 schools open right now with a prestige of D+, so it's easy to qualify for those. 

6/7/2012 4:41 PM
Maybe if I'd gone as deep as I expected to in the tournament this year I'd be qualified for the D+s, but as it is I'm only qualified for D- and D...
6/7/2012 5:24 PM
Ok, scratch that.  There are actually 7 D+'s for which I am qualified, and 3 for which I am a longshot.  None of them are in the A10, though...
6/7/2012 5:26 PM
That's too bad - We'd love to have you Dahs - you could help us turn it into a very strong conference.
6/7/2012 5:58 PM
Only 3 teams left. Come join us and help us build a powerhouse Mid major that can compete with the big conferences!
6/8/2012 8:06 AM
I might join but it would be next season if I do.
6/8/2012 11:11 AM (edited)
A10 is one of the hardest conf to fill. Given their Bish baseline, most coaches won't qualify for the conf, and those who do qualify typically would qualify for BCS conf teams in another season or 2. 
6/8/2012 11:44 AM
Hope you can join m4284850. I agree with you Tianyi. Once good thing is that the coaches we have all seem committed to staying, so once we fill it there should be very little turnover. Ryrun and 26queen are the two new coaches. We still have the 3 spots left. The quality of coaches we have is really good, and we have a scheduling strategy we are going to try as a unit  to try to make the conference RPI up there with the big conferences. Richmond and George Washington both had coaches up until last year, so they still have some very good players on the roster. LaSalle would be a great school for someone who wants a real challenge, as they have been the doormat of the Atlantic 10 for a while. Of course, there's really nowhere to go with that school but up, so you'd probably see progress from day 1, and if you can build it into a top school that would be a big accomplishment. Still hoping we can get 3 more coaches this year and fill it up.
6/8/2012 3:08 PM
Filling a conference is one thing. Filling it with teams that can sub 100 RPI is another
6/8/2012 4:19 PM
It can be done though. It takes a group of committed coaches and some good scheduling. We've really added some very good coaches. Having 12 coaches makes a big difference because if you can keep the weakest teams with a decent RPI, it does not drag down the rest of the conference. I can't remember what world it was in, but there's one world where Conference USA is a powerhouse. I remember Girt has Marshall in that world, just don't remember which world it is.
6/8/2012 8:35 PM
Rupp.
6/8/2012 9:25 PM
Yeah - Just checked, Conference USA is #3 in Conference RPI in Rupp, with 3 teams in the top 25. I'd love to see that happen with the Atlantic 10 in Knight.
6/9/2012 9:37 AM
Update: It is Job Change time in Knight, and we have two openings. The coaches that we have added in the last couple of years have made huge strides towards building strong programs. Last year we were #7 in Conference RPI, and I think this year we have a legitimate chance of passing at least one of the Big 6 conferences. Please join us by taking LaSalle or George Washington!
7/9/2012 8:20 AM
Atlantic 10 in Knight becoming very strong Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.