Redshirt a guy with promised minutes? Topic

Hey all, anyone know if there are repercussions to promising a guy minutes and then redshirting him? Will his prestige drop, will he quit? Thanks in advance for input.
7/3/2012 10:18 AM
He will lose all his work ethic, not sure the % chance of transferring.
7/3/2012 11:01 AM
i think he quits at a high %
7/3/2012 11:31 AM
Nevermind, he won't take it anyway, not worth the work ethic drop.
7/3/2012 11:59 AM
I realize I'm new here, so forgive me if I sound like a dink. It's nothing against the OP, just an observation I've noticed. How come there is usually a thread or two every recruiting period devoted to questions about the effects of either redshirting a guy you originally promised either minutes or starts to, or the effects of not starting a guy you promised to give starts to, or not giving a guy the minutes he was promised? I think that if you break your promise to a recruit, he should leave 100% of the time after the season ends. I'm not sure how much weight a guaranteed start or promised minutes weighs with a recruit, but I would venture that it could be enough to sway a close battle one team's way if the other is unwilling to make such a promise. I just feel it's a tactic used by coaches to get a player, then once they have him, they decide to reneg on their promise. I realize that there are some downsides to not keeping your promises, like a WE drop, or a potential transfer, but guaranteeing a transfer might make some of these coaches who hand out promises like candy stop. Maybe attaching a prestige drop would also help relieve this.  Just my thoughts, for what it's worth...
7/3/2012 3:31 PM
there is a reputation hit for breaking promises. Players will often (usually) quit if you break promises, and the player's WE drops, usually a lot. I think its sufficient...
7/3/2012 6:39 PM
Redshirt a guy with promised minutes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.