Promised Start - Do Minutes Count? Topic

If you promise a recruit he will start if he comes to your school and he does, do the minutes he plays matter (assuming you didn't also promise him certain minutes)?

For example, could I promise a guy to start, then technically give him the start but set it up to limit his playing time by pulling him early (either with minutes or fatigue settings) thereby he only plays limited minutes.

Would this have a negative impact on anything?

Or is the sim set up so that since you technically started the guy, you fulfilled all you promised, so he doesn't lose WE or cause other issues?
8/23/2012 11:42 AM

He only needs to start in the games he plays in.  The time he actually plays in those games if no minutes are promised do not matter.

8/23/2012 12:25 PM
The only question then becomes how much does promising a start help in recruiting?

Surely it only matters if you are battling over the recruit with someone else, and only then if they don't also promise starting.

But given those assumptions, how much would it help to promise a start? It should be something of a difference maker. Otherwise, why does it even exist as an option?
8/23/2012 1:23 PM
It has a value I just cant disclose what I value it as.
8/23/2012 3:06 PM
I think you'd be close if you valued it as about the same as a home visit, but that some players care more about it than others
8/23/2012 3:29 PM
Posted by metsmax on 8/23/2012 3:29:00 PM (view original):
I think you'd be close if you valued it as about the same as a home visit, but that some players care more about it than others
i dont think players have a preference or whatever that impacts the impact of promises. but the relation of the player to the school, in terms of where the player expects to go, and where the school is prestige and division wise, may have an impact, but i don't think it does. the amounts of effort required for certain players to consider or consider you a strong favorite do vary, however, so that may lead to the perception that promises have different levels of value. i could be wrong though, and it could vary.

regardless, i think the value of a start is higher than 1 home visit. i think its at least as much, and probably slightly more than 1 CV or 2 HV.
8/23/2012 4:12 PM
Promised Start - Do Minutes Count? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.