Promised Minutes Topic

I had a question. I promised a guy 10 min. When I play him he does play 10+ min. Some games I don't play him and he won't register any playing time. Does this have an effect on the promise minutes? Do promised minutes mean playing every game? Anyone run into this?
8/23/2012 12:51 PM
Just the games he plays in they need to avg out to at least 10
8/23/2012 1:04 PM
Posted by brip87 on 8/23/2012 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Just the games he plays in they need to avg out to at least 10
I don't think this is correct any longer. 

I believe the standard now is he needs to average 10 minutes for all games in which he's eligible to play (i.e-all games where health was 60+ percent). This was part fo the whole tweaking seble made several months back.

Realize though that most kids aren't going to blow a gasket if it doesn't average out to 10...some might be content enough to settle for 7mpg with a 10mpg promise and not freak. If you haven't gotten the ominous "you promised me" email and there's no WE drop, then whatever you're doing hasn't crossed the threshold for that specific player.
8/23/2012 1:24 PM
really when did they change.
8/23/2012 3:05 PM
Posted by brip87 on 8/23/2012 3:05:00 PM (view original):
really when did they change.
Last October...took some digging but found the thread here. Note seble's explanation about three posts in.
8/23/2012 3:39 PM
Well **** im way out of the loop. 
8/23/2012 4:00 PM
rednu has it correct. I had a guy who was injured that I promised 15 mpg and his health was at like 40 after the injury. I wasn't sure at the time if the health had any impact on his chance of reinjury (which i was later told by CS it did not). The only factor is they can't play when they are under a certain level of health. Anyways, the player got over 60 health which makes him eligible to play, but i kept him as resting because i was worried about the possible reinjury due to low health and he started complaining about minutes. Cosmetically, his stats still showed more than 15 mpg, but the games he was eligbile to play were counting against my mpg and not showing in the stats.
8/23/2012 6:53 PM
Thanks...wasn't sure what to do. 
8/24/2012 11:53 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 8/23/2012 6:53:00 PM (view original):
rednu has it correct. I had a guy who was injured that I promised 15 mpg and his health was at like 40 after the injury. I wasn't sure at the time if the health had any impact on his chance of reinjury (which i was later told by CS it did not). The only factor is they can't play when they are under a certain level of health. Anyways, the player got over 60 health which makes him eligible to play, but i kept him as resting because i was worried about the possible reinjury due to low health and he started complaining about minutes. Cosmetically, his stats still showed more than 15 mpg, but the games he was eligbile to play were counting against my mpg and not showing in the stats.
Wait health has no impact on chance of reinjury?  I thought it specifically made reinjury more likely if they were under 100%.
8/24/2012 12:22 PM
Posted by jack_duck on 8/24/2012 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by poncho0091 on 8/23/2012 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Wait health has no impact on chance of reinjury?  I thought it specifically made reinjury more likely if they were under 100%.
2/1/2012 9:50 PM poncho0091
I have a player David mcgonagle that is a freshman on my csu Stanislaus team in tark. I promised him 15 minutes a game and his statistics show him at 15.7 currently. He had a major injury in game 3 and missed the rest of the non conference schedule. Now I got an email saying I did not keep my promise and that he is only getting 8 min. utes a game even though guys stats say otherwise. There is nothing I can do about him getting injured, but he shouldn't be counting games he did not play.
2/2/2012 4:40 PM Customer Support
poncho,

As soon as a player is able to play (60% health), he will expect to play if promises were made. When he says 8 MPG, that's based on total minutes he's played divided by the team's games (minus games where he was less than 60%).

As long as you continue to play him his 15 MPG from here on out, he will be ok.
2/2/2012 5:54 PM poncho0091
Is the 60% thing listed in the faq? I just did not want reinjury so I was waiting until he reached the 70's in health. thank you for the clarification. I know the original injury email stated 4 days, but I was not aware they were expecting to be back in the game even in poor health.
2/2/2012 8:11 PM Customer Support
I don't believe it's explicitly stated anywhere. This is a result of a fairly recent change to close a loophole that some coaches were using to get around fulfilling promises.  Just so you know, there is no higher risk of injury by playing someone at less than 100%. There is just the reduced effectiveness.
8/24/2012 1:12 PM
Wow, that is news to me.  Thanks.
8/27/2012 12:55 PM
wow.  this is bullcrap.  

out of the blue i get hit with the "im only getting 6 minutes per game"  from my 15minpromise frosh..

same scenario as laid out above with injury in game 3.  ive played him 15+ min in every game,
but when the dude is at 60-80% health,  im not playing him.

you should be able to rest these dudes until they are 100% with no penalty.. or at least 90%.

i hope the statement that "As long as you continue to play him his 15 MPG from here on out, he will be ok." holds true.
expect to  play at 60%?   thats friggin crazytalk,

1/23/2014 8:30 AM
My idea was to multiply the expected minutes by the percent health - if you promised ten and he was at 60%, he would only expect six, and so on.
1/23/2014 1:24 PM
that would be a good comprimise, a.    

i still think he should expect to sit out altogether.  i promised those minutes to a player with certain abilities.... he doesnt have those abilities right now  (same rationale i use for why the yanks should not have to honor aroids contract)
1/23/2014 1:39 PM
Promised Minutes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.