Sudden Changes In Player Potential Topic

A few of my players changed their potentials drastically between seasons.

My now senior small forward had a high potential at LP at the end of last season (he was still blue past the end of the NT). Now in the new season, he advanced one more point in LP from where he was last time, but he's red.

My one now soph power forward was blue in LP and PER, advanced one point in each, and is now black in LP and red in PER.

So my basic question is, what happened to create such a drastic change in potential?

9/14/2012 12:55 PM
It sounds like in both cases that one point took them over the line between high and average potential, which is generally understood to be 19-20 points shy of maxing out.  So you can probably expect 18-19 more points of improvement from both, if they reach their full potential.
9/14/2012 1:16 PM
they cant go from blue to red with 1 point of improvement (at least theoretically) -send a ticket.
9/14/2012 1:23 PM
Oops my bad, I missed that you said categories jumped from blue to red.  If that happened something went wrong.
9/14/2012 1:39 PM
I may send a ticket because on my Vermont team Charles Garrison went from blue at 55 at LP at end of last season to red at 56 at the start of this one, and was never in the black at all.
9/14/2012 1:44 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 9/14/2012 1:23:00 PM (view original):
they cant go from blue to red with 1 point of improvement (at least theoretically) -send a ticket.
+1
9/14/2012 2:11 PM
I think Garrison was in an auto accident over the summer 
9/14/2012 2:14 PM
Yeah but when the cars hit each other, it only damaged the part of his brain that lets him understand how to do low post moves. LOL
9/14/2012 2:18 PM
Either there is something glitchy happening, or you may have been mistaken that they were blue. My gut is the latter, but you never know ...
9/14/2012 2:21 PM
I wonder how often this really does occur. I am notorious for not paying complete attention to off season changes. The joys of recruiting take precedence over that. Reading stories like this make me want to really pay more attention to the subtle nuances of the game.
9/14/2012 2:28 PM
I'm 99 percent certain he was blue at 55 in LP (obviously 100 percent certain he is red at 56 now).

I wish WIS had a way to compare past and present ratings from season to season. That'd be nice.
9/14/2012 2:50 PM
Posted by bistiza on 9/14/2012 2:50:00 PM (view original):
I'm 99 percent certain he was blue at 55 in LP (obviously 100 percent certain he is red at 56 now).

I wish WIS had a way to compare past and present ratings from season to season. That'd be nice.
I generally take screen shots of my players at seasons end and save them to a Word document.  Only takes a couple minutes.  But it's definitely worth it to see if they've improved at all in the off-season.
9/14/2012 3:16 PM
this is what happens when you rule your team with an iron fist.  some guys lose work ethic, others lose potential.  :)
9/14/2012 3:38 PM

I have every beginning roster (printed), and every ending roster (printed), of every team I have ever had. (a lot).
I watch closely where players drop from blue to black 100% of the time.
I have never seen what is described above happen. 
Not saying it didn't... but as I have mentioned before on this forum... about 75% of the time (maybe 95%), the wierd "glitch" turns out to be operator error.

PS. I have had the old faulty memory (operator error), happen to me before as well. CS quietly pointed out the error of my ways...

9/14/2012 5:05 PM (edited)
Posted by darnoc29099 on 9/14/2012 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 9/14/2012 2:50:00 PM (view original):

I generally take screen shots of my players at seasons end and save them to a Word document.  Only takes a couple minutes.  But it's definitely worth it to see if they've improved at all in the off-season.
And ditto.
9/14/2012 5:03 PM
Sudden Changes In Player Potential Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.