Will someone be nice and........ Topic

A friend of mine sent him a gift certificate.  He can play now
9/18/2012 7:31 PM

I got 2 people sending me gift certificates now. Thanks for it alblack and flashlantern! I only need 2.50 tho so ill send back the rest if you want and I can pay back who ever gives me the money at christmas time. I dont have a lot of money right now because im in high school but ill be getting more money around christmas time and im going to get money next month too. Thanks you guys!

9/18/2012 7:38 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 9/18/2012 7:27:00 PM (view original):
I speak from a place of not having much funds but if you can't get $2.50 maybe HD shouldn't be your top priority.  That said we don't know what his situation is so I don't want to judge too harshly.
Im not in a bad sitiuation just in high school
9/18/2012 7:41 PM
Posted by phillyboy108 on 9/18/2012 7:41:00 PM (view original):
I speak from a place of not having much funds but if you can't get $2.50 maybe HD shouldn't be your top priority.  That said we don't know what his situation is so I don't want to judge too harshly.
Ok sorry I thought you were independent financially and struggling.
9/18/2012 7:44 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 9/18/2012 7:44:00 PM (view original):
My parents said they wont spend money on me to play fantasy games and said I need to use my own money lol
9/18/2012 7:45 PM
Your response should have been, "With what credit card?" 

Nice to see there are generous people on this board though. I know quite a few people who couldn't play WIS because their parents wouldn't pay for it. 
9/18/2012 7:59 PM
Posted by car_crazy_v2 on 9/18/2012 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Your response should have been, "With what credit card?" 

Nice to see there are generous people on this board though. I know quite a few people who couldn't play WIS because their parents wouldn't pay for it. 
I dont want to sound like a dick that needs money bad because its not true. I only would like to have $2.50 so if the two thought I had problems and they want to take back their gift certifricate they can I wont be mad.
9/18/2012 8:03 PM
Posted by phillyboy108 on 9/18/2012 7:45:00 PM (view original):
My parents said they wont spend money on me to play fantasy games and said I need to use my own money lol
If you have your own money but no credit card, and your parents won't let you use a credit card, go to a store that sells American Express gift cards, register it online, and that should solve your problem.
9/18/2012 8:04 PM
Posted by backboy13 on 9/18/2012 8:04:00 PM (view original):
If you have your own money but no credit card, and your parents won't let you use a credit card, go to a store that sells American Express gift cards, register it online, and that should solve your problem.
I myself dont have really much money but my family isnt in a bad situation
9/18/2012 8:10 PM
Posted by phillyboy108 on 9/18/2012 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by backboy13 on 9/18/2012 8:04:00 PM (view original):
I myself dont have really much money but my family isnt in a bad situation
You can get one for $25
9/18/2012 8:33 PM
phillyboy, I applaud your gumption for coming on the boards and asking for the funds to continue playing this game, high school kid or normal struggling unemployed teacher like myself. I have been in your situation before and actually lost a Final Four team the previous season because of no funds. Mortgages and car payments and food seem to be more important, although this game has allowed some escape that is the drudgery of my life at times.

Good luck with your team, phillyboy. And it is refreshing to know that there are awesome people like alblack and flashlantern out there that help without thinking about it.
9/18/2012 8:45 PM
Posted by bigtexhawk on 9/18/2012 8:46:00 PM (view original):
phillyboy, I applaud your gumption for coming on the boards and asking for the funds to continue playing this game, high school kid or normal struggling unemployed teacher like myself. I have been in your situation before and actually lost a Final Four team the previous season because of no funds. Mortgages and car payments and food seem to be more important, although this game has allowed some escape that is the drudgery of my life at times.

Good luck with your team, phillyboy. And it is refreshing to know that there are awesome people like alblack and flashlantern out there that help without thinking about it.
agreed and I offered to pay them back an they said no which makes them even nicer people!
9/18/2012 8:54 PM
Nice thread, GL this season PB108
hope you play far enough in the NT for another season
9/19/2012 12:12 AM
Posted by flashlantern on 9/18/2012 7:13:00 PM (view original):
I believe what cornfused meant was it's hard to get a GOOD beer for under $2.50. I'm not talking the Beast or Beast Light here. Those should be given away, or better yet, thrown away, as I have no desire to drink fermented urine from a guy who once drank a quality beer...
i dont know man. i have lived in cinci and pittsburgh in the last 10 years, and you can get a good beer for 2.50 EASILY if you are talking store bought, and still if you know the area, in a bar. there was this indian place in the burgh with hogarden on tap, 2 dollars like tuesday and thursdays. thats one hell of a beer (~40 per case), for those who aren't familiar.

i havent found as good of a deal here in cincinatti, but you can get 1.50 beers like bud/miller/other crap but not nearly as crappy as beast/naddy lots of places, so there have to be some solid beers at 2.50. i know ive gotten some good beers under 2.50 here but i cant remember exactly what it was, or how much. i feel like i have had sam adams in several cities for like 2 bucks a pop. not the greatest, but i don't begrudge me a boston lager. oh, ive DEFINITELY had yueng ling at 2.50 or less. some people dont like it, but i am a pretty big fan. i think something in the air in pittsburgh causes your brain to decay in *just* the right way to make yueng ling taste delicious, as everyone there seems to love it. IMO not the greatest beer, but a good one, and probably the best value you can get for your money.
9/19/2012 1:45 PM (edited)
Posted by phillyboy108 on 9/18/2012 7:38:00 PM (view original):

I got 2 people sending me gift certificates now. Thanks for it alblack and flashlantern! I only need 2.50 tho so ill send back the rest if you want and I can pay back who ever gives me the money at christmas time. I dont have a lot of money right now because im in high school but ill be getting more money around christmas time and im going to get money next month too. Thanks you guys!

kudos to both those guys. 
9/19/2012 1:44 PM
◂ Prev 12
Will someone be nice and........ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.