marshall national championship Topic

just wanted to say congrats to girt on winning with a mid major! i havent seen it in the new engine, even though the conference usa group is stellar and they are only half a mid major at this point... i think we can count it ;)

congrats girt! (that UNC team you won with a couple weeks ago, wow, thats probably the best team ive ever seen)

on a random aside, in tark we recently had the same final 4 teams appear twice in a row (different matchups, but same 4 teams). i thought that was pretty neat, never heard of that before. its a pretty long shot to repeat again but all 4 teams have some talent and all 4 coaches are good, so its theoretically possible, just wondering, anyone ever seen repeat final 4s before? 3 times?
3/14/2013 1:19 PM
nice girt
3/14/2013 1:21 PM
Thx, cbg ... I probably haven't been this pumped over a NT since my very first. Did not necessarily think that I'd be able to have a real shot at winning it all when I first started with Marshall. I was very fortunate because I was able to run the gauntlet vs. some awesome coaches, culminating in the title game showdown with OR.

Has anyone seen a mid-major (C baseline team) win the NT in the new engine? I'm not aware of any, but I only play in two worlds.
3/14/2013 6:48 PM
This is pretty cool. Congratz Girt. Does your conference avoid each other in recruiting? I would think that starting this whole thing off you would have to, being behind in prestige and money.
3/14/2013 6:53 PM
Posted by sublightd on 3/14/2013 6:53:00 PM (view original):
This is pretty cool. Congratz Girt. Does your conference avoid each other in recruiting? I would think that starting this whole thing off you would have to, being behind in prestige and money.
No agreement between any of us (as far as I know of). Last recruiting round, zags and I jumped on the same player the cycle of signing, with me wasting 70k of my cash. 
3/14/2013 7:08 PM
that's wonderful, congrats!     

3/14/2013 7:09 PM
no. there is no collusion in the CUSA. When I was there I regularly battled conference mates and they frequently battle each other. 
3/14/2013 7:19 PM
congrats!
3/14/2013 8:04 PM
Nice job, Marshall
3/14/2013 9:06 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 3/14/2013 7:19:00 PM (view original):
no. there is no collusion in the CUSA. When I was there I regularly battled conference mates and they frequently battle each other. 
i dont know, if you look at that cast of coaches over in CUSA Rupp, its pretty clear they couldnt pull it off without cheating, no?? :)
3/14/2013 10:07 PM
Not only winning the whole thing with a mid-major, but beating the best HD coach ever in the final.  Congrats!
3/14/2013 10:14 PM
girt is good enough that i dont think he can be disqualified from the conversation of "best HD coach ever", but i guess thats a nitpick, there is much more of an argument to be made in the discussion of whether or not you can call CUSA Rupp mid majors.
3/14/2013 10:20 PM
It's a midmajor in the sense that it's a low baseline conference. The caliber of coaches is pretty good. 
3/14/2013 10:42 PM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 3/14/2013 10:42:00 PM (view original):
It's a midmajor in the sense that it's a low baseline conference. The caliber of coaches is pretty good. 
pretty good? i dont know, ive been in some good conferences, and that group is clearly top of the line even for a big 6 conference.
3/14/2013 10:49 PM
One of the main reasons that I picked C-USA is that it was extremely spread out, so only a few schools are even looking at the same group of recruits. (And more specifically, I chose Marshall in large part because it was mostly isolated geographically from the rest of the conference.) Despite that, people have definitely locked horns. And we all hate each other ... next season I'm going to recruit with only one goal, which is to ruin aejones!
3/14/2013 11:52 PM
12 Next ▸
marshall national championship Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.