Home court advantage Topic

Two questions:

1. How much of an advantage does home court actually give?

2.  What does the game use to set your grade for this factor?

I couldn't really find anything about this.  If there is something already out there, just get me to the link.  Thanks.
3/14/2015 2:44 PM
1. I don't know. 

2. Wins.
3/14/2015 3:00 PM
Does it factor in the strength of opponent on a win?
3/14/2015 3:15 PM

Q: What does the homecourt advantage mean? Does it change?

A: The homecourt advantage (found in the Coach's Office) indicates the level of an advantage your team receives by playing at home. These ratings range from A+ (best) to F (worst) and are relative to all schools in all divisions. As your team progresses through the season, your homecourt advantage can change based on the performance of your team. If your team starts off the season at 10-0, you can bet there will be a buzz on campus and it will be hard to find tickets (improving your homecourt advantage). While on the other hand, if your "Fab 5" isn't so fabulous and you start the season at 1-9, you can bet your homecourt advantage will drop.

Between seasons, home court advantage is reset based on traditional fan loyalty of the college and the success of the team in the previous season.

Q: Can you explain how Home Court Advantage is calculated?

A: Homecourt advantage changes based on numerous factors - opponent quality, whether you won or lost, margin of victory (or loss) and location of the game. On top of that, real life historical fan attendance numbers over the past 30 years were used to come up with a fan loyalty factor which also plays a role in how "fairweather" a schools fans are.

Q: How does home court advantage affect games?

A: Basically, homecourt advantage boosts the performance of the home team in many areas, including shooting, rebounding, and defense.
3/14/2015 3:20 PM
It was in the FAQ - looks like it was maybe copied from a dev chat...
3/14/2015 3:22 PM
thanks.  i guess i didn't dig far enough.
3/15/2015 3:15 PM
Home court advantage Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.