last minute recruiting vs simmy Topic

so,
heres the situation...
player is considering a d3 sim.   i am d3
player is leaning toward sim but not sold.
ive put minimal effort but not considered yet.

it is now 7:15 and signings start at 8pm.

will i be able to get on the considering list (and keep him from signing with simmy) with the same effort it would have taken earlier today?
or more effort?
or, will all my efforts be wasted and he will sign with the simmy no matter what?

it seems like normal effort would be the answer,  but i feel like ive been here before and wound up blowing money when the kid accpeted my visits but signed with simmy anyway.   of course, it may have been in that prior situation that i really didnt throw enough at him... but im kinda thinking i did.  it just felt somehow like the kid had already decided.

thoughts?
5/27/2015 7:19 PM
The effort that is going to count has to have been made in the 2-5 pm cycle because it is active at 5:01. Any effort after 5 pm is effective @8:01.If he has been offered a Schly from the team he is considering, he will sign with that team and your effort will be wasted. If the sim has not offered then you can get a battle started.
5/27/2015 7:39 PM
thx coach v.  that makes sense based on my recollections of old battles.
the only thing that puzzles me about that is that it seems he decides that he is going to sign at 8:00 and then at 8:01 he accepts my home vists, etc?  i mean,  it seems that is what happens, but seems odd to set it up that way

in this case, i made no more efforts and he didnt sign with simmy????
so would you say this is a case where simmy for some reason has not offered a scholly yet?
any guesses as to when he might offer... is there some standard time or is it random?
5/27/2015 8:15 PM
I see this pretty often actually dave. When simmy puts the minimum effort in, I often see guys lasting well into Day 2 of signings (I can't remember the exact cycle where they seem to finally sign on). You should have a number of cycles though to jump in. 
5/27/2015 9:47 PM
Posted by coachvegas44 on 5/27/2015 7:39:00 PM (view original):
The effort that is going to count has to have been made in the 2-5 pm cycle because it is active at 5:01. Any effort after 5 pm is effective @8:01.If he has been offered a Schly from the team he is considering, he will sign with that team and your effort will be wasted. If the sim has not offered then you can get a battle started.
That isn't correct....sim recruited players don't always sign on the 8 PM cycle of signing day.....<br />
5/27/2015 9:50 PM
Posted by trail on 5/27/2015 9:47:00 PM (view original):
I see this pretty often actually dave. When simmy puts the minimum effort in, I often see guys lasting well into Day 2 of signings (I can't remember the exact cycle where they seem to finally sign on). You should have a number of cycles though to jump in. 
This is right.....I think they sign at 8 am EST (or 11 EST) the following day
5/27/2015 9:51 PM
Been burnt by the same situation a few times as well oldave...Frustrating..  They should turn down your visits at the very least if they sign with the sim...
5/28/2015 12:19 PM
Posted by oldave on 5/27/2015 7:19:00 PM (view original):
so,
heres the situation...
player is considering a d3 sim.   i am d3
player is leaning toward sim but not sold.
ive put minimal effort but not considered yet.

it is now 7:15 and signings start at 8pm.

will i be able to get on the considering list (and keep him from signing with simmy) with the same effort it would have taken earlier today?
or more effort?
or, will all my efforts be wasted and he will sign with the simmy no matter what?

it seems like normal effort would be the answer,  but i feel like ive been here before and wound up blowing money when the kid accpeted my visits but signed with simmy anyway.   of course, it may have been in that prior situation that i really didnt throw enough at him... but im kinda thinking i did.  it just felt somehow like the kid had already decided.

thoughts?
you have it right. if you put money in but not enough to make the list, he will sign and you will have wasted it. but you definitely have (had) the opportunity to get your visits in before the guy signs.
5/28/2015 1:37 PM
Posted by trail on 5/27/2015 9:47:00 PM (view original):
this is right
5/28/2015 1:38 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/27/2015 9:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coachvegas44 on 5/27/2015 7:39:00 PM (view original):
That isn't correct....sim recruited players don't always sign on the 8 PM cycle of signing day.....<br />
this is wrong but not really for the reason you describe. its right that not always the guys sign at 8 but for the guys with enough effort to sign at 8 (which is the typical case in HD in general), its absolutely false that your visits process after the guy signs at 8. all the effort from all parties, up to and including the cycle that just completed, is considered before any decision to sign or not is made. to be clear, you can put your effort in at 5:01 or 7:59, as an unconsidered school, and stop a guy from signing at 8 who is considering another school alone, with sufficient effort to sign at 8 had you not done your piece.
5/28/2015 1:40 PM
last minute recruiting vs simmy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.