Player Quits after Cutting another player Topic

Posted by udm_mike on 8/27/2015 7:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/26/2015 5:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bakerbarnett on 8/26/2015 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bathtubhippo on 8/26/2015 2:34:00 PM (view original):
nope. bad luck. i've been there. cut a chump freshman after taking over a new team, lost my best senior.
yeah same here it was my best post player by far, total BS that there's nothing in the WIS documentation about this, I've sent in a ticket
i wouldn't say that... have you looked extensively? many of us knew this existed, its just really rare. i think its so rare that most of the long timers have never seen it (such as myself). i thought it was mentioned in a KB article somewhere too.

hey - you cut a freshman and lost a senior? crazy. i was lead to believe they had to be in the same class. was that senior recruited 4 years ago, or was he maybe a juco or transfer or something?
I've been playing a long time and had absolutely no idea this could happen.
Just browsing through the forums the other thing I've noticed is that it seems to be the team's best player that quits, it definitely was in my case, does anyone have a situation where it wasn't their best player that quit?
8/27/2015 9:29 AM
I would not infer that it is consistently the best player.

I had it happen once long ago and I think he was one of my somewhat good players - I had not best player.

Keep in mind that folks are more likely to go to the forum when they are peeved.

And it is a very rare event.
8/27/2015 10:10 AM
Probably a little more rare than losing a top player to injury for the season. Both happen in real life a bit more frequently. I knew about the possibility, because I read through the FAQ. Makes plenty of sense from a gaming perspective, there should be a possibility for consequences for certain decisions, like cutting players from a team you take over (or completely ignoring durability).
8/27/2015 11:49 AM
I did know this could happen but I was under the assumption it could only happen if you cut a player that you had recruited. Didn't know it could happen when first taking over a program, I thought you had no fear of rep hit or other players skipping out when you took over a new program.
8/27/2015 12:39 PM
It has not happened to me but it happened right after I left a team.  The new coach came in and cut one of my holdover players.  The (IMO) best player then bolted for the same reason.  I considered signing the guy who quit but didn't want to go cross-country for him.
8/27/2015 5:18 PM
nope. bad luck. i've been there. cut a chump freshman after taking over a new team, lost my best senior.
yeah same here it was my best post player by far, total BS that there's nothing in the WIS documentation about this, I've sent in a ticket
It is not unheard of and is common knowledge: it is a frequent topic on this Forum.

My best player, a senior, quit in solidarity after I came in and cut 2 players.
8/27/2015 10:08 PM (edited)
this is actually a pretty awesome feature imo. I mean i've never had it happen to me, and i can imagine a scenario where it'd really make me angry, but as an outsider i think it's rpetty cool!
8/27/2015 11:55 PM
I have seen it happen to a new conference mate in D2. He cut a player, and another player said he was leaving because the coach had cut his "homey". That D2 player was really good and got picked up by a D1 team.

I am not sure, but I believe that you can avoid this by waiting to cut until after recruiting starts, but I have no certainty in saying this.
8/28/2015 10:46 PM
bump
1/30/2016 11:22 AM
Because that kind of fits in here with HD "rarities", I seem to be having a lot more injuries to my players lately.  Could just be bad luck or the odds finally catching up to me but it certainly "seems" like I'm seeing more and more.  On that note, has anyone ever had a player get a medical redshirt?  I think I remember hearing of one, long ago, that maybe one of Weena's players had gotten?  Anyone else?  Can anyone confirm this?
1/30/2016 12:06 PM
Yep had one hurt in 2nd game of senior season a while back, I found it only slightly odd in that durability was somewhere around 60 or so..but claim was broken leg...so made sense
1/30/2016 4:20 PM
Posted by MyGeneration on 8/27/2015 10:08:00 PM (view original):
It is not unheard of and is common knowledge: it is a frequent topic on this Forum.

My best player, a senior, quit in solidarity after I came in and cut 2 players.
happened to me finally a couple seasons ago. Kid that quit was probably 2nd best player on the team. 
1/30/2016 5:34 PM
◂ Prev 12
Player Quits after Cutting another player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.