What the hell is happening to me. Topic

So I win a NC in Phelan and I think I finall turn a corner but I am now just unable to do anything.

I bring back every single player from an Elite 8 team in Naismith go undefeated and then get upset in the 2nd round to a team I beat by 20 as a 1 seed.

I am a 2 seed in Crum with the 2nd best ath and top def overall at D2 and get upset in the 1st round to a 15 seed I beat by 10 in the regular season.

I am a 2 seed in Tark and lose in the 2nd round to a 7 seed(granted this was just horrible seeding).  When I was 29-1.

I am a 2 seed in Knight with the 2nd best offense in the nation and get held to 69 points to a team that I didn't think was strong on defense or had a ath/spd advantage on me whatsoever.

Apparently give me a 2 seed and I choke it away, this combined with the bullshit job logic has me ready to throw my laptop against the wall every time I fricking log in.
1/7/2016 2:16 PM
when it rains, it pours. luckily, this phenomenon cuts both ways ;) just hang in there, when you slam down a couple titles one after another, it will have been worth it.
1/7/2016 6:22 PM
HD gods giveth and they taketh away.

Getting boned.
1/7/2016 6:28 PM
This is just the nature of a tournament format. One bad game and it's over.
1/8/2016 9:28 AM
Happens to everyone. 
1/8/2016 11:52 AM
It might be time to reevaluate. When I get in those funks its usually because I have made some fundamental errors.
1/8/2016 7:51 PM
Geez, you have a lot of teams. Do you even have enough time to setup a gameplan for each game?
1/10/2016 12:42 AM
Well, once you cut through all the BS, its actually pretty easy to see that luck prevailed the first time and now you're just trending back towards mediocrity....whoops, I meant the MEDIAN...my bad yo.
1/10/2016 6:32 AM
Posted by uglyskunk3 on 1/10/2016 12:42:00 AM (view original):
Geez, you have a lot of teams. Do you even have enough time to setup a gameplan for each game?
yeh I mean have you seen the forums, I have plenty of time to gameplan/recruit for all my teams every game.
1/10/2016 9:51 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 1/10/2016 6:32:00 AM (view original):
Well, once you cut through all the BS, its actually pretty easy to see that luck prevailed the first time and now you're just trending back towards mediocrity....whoops, I meant the MEDIAN...my bad yo.

I miss you too
1/10/2016 9:52 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 1/10/2016 9:51:00 AM (view original):
yeh I mean have you seen the forums, I have plenty of time to gameplan/recruit for all my teams every game.
And honestly how important is game planning really (outside of the NT)? I just don't know how you remember your players and which team is which. But everybody is different. ;)
1/10/2016 5:44 PM
Posted by kbc167 on 1/10/2016 5:44:00 PM (view original):
And honestly how important is game planning really (outside of the NT)? I just don't know how you remember your players and which team is which. But everybody is different. ;)
Granted a majority of my teams are in weak conferences so gameplanning during the season is just finding the weakest link and change tempo +/-

During the NT I can easily spend 20+ minutes for a team I really focus on.

I could name maybe half my players, I would be able to give ratings to more than half my teams, and I know what every team is currently doing(rebuild, cruising through regular season, deep runs, etc

I guess I spend to much time on here it's not a struggle to have that many teams.
1/10/2016 5:48 PM
Well keep on being you, only. The game is much better because your apart of it.
1/10/2016 5:51 PM
Posted by kbc167 on 1/10/2016 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Well keep on being you, only. The game is much better because your apart of it.
I agree with kbc!
1/10/2016 8:37 PM
Posted by kbc167 on 1/10/2016 5:44:00 PM (view original):
game planning is really important, its just that most people aren't that great at it, so they don't get a lot of value from it. lots of coaches try to over compensate, they are basically taking an axe to their base setup every game, instead of gently tweaking for the opponent.

also, its worth noting, the better the team, the better constructed the team is, and the better the base team setup a team is configured with, the less game planning matters. an extremely well built, top end talent-wise d1 team, barely needs to game plan at all. some top coaches get away without game planning, but actually, they need it less than everyone else - and still, they are selling themselves short, compared to where they could be without game planning.

1/11/2016 7:42 PM
12 Next ▸
What the hell is happening to me. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.