Giving Away Credits! Topic

Esteemed Stinenavy,

I have been on this site through various aliases since a little bit after its inception. I have suffered through the good updates and the bad and all of those in between. I have also walked away from the game for many seasons due to those unavoidable financial dilemmas that happen throughout adulthood. I have never been able to buy more than a season at a time. (Middle School teachers don't make much). It would be nice to have a few extra credits in my account so that another season can be used rather than hoping upon hope that finances rectify themselves and I am able to afford another season before deadline.

I fancy myself as a good coach. Not great, not not poor. I have only one Final Four to my credit (under, I believe, the scuzneck moniker). I took UMBC to the Final Four, losing to eventual winner Penn. I currently just took Wooden's Chaminade under my tutelage. I hope to be able to win there and move to DI in 3 or 4 seasons.

It would be an honor if you were to bestow some of your hard earned credits my way. If you do, I am indebted and will use them for greatness. If not, I appreciate you considering me. I know you are a veteran of the game and I salute you.

1/28/2016 3:35 PM
I wouldn't mind a few credits my way. Would be nice to play a season or two at a reduced cost while I learn the game (and probably lose as I work to build up my D3). Personally I think you should send credits to those who are new that could use them to pay for seasons of learning instead giving to those who fully understand the game and already have teams and the ability to recruit to make the sweet 16 let alone make the tournament. I doubt that my team will even make the tourney for at least the next 2 seasons w/ me rebuilding it and learning the game. My 2 cents anyways.
1/28/2016 3:50 PM
I like credits. 
1/28/2016 4:01 PM
Sitenavy,

Thanks for your generosity.  I started playing this game a little under a year ago with the sole purpose of coaching in a Big 6 power conference.  It took me 5 seasons before I was able to make the jump. There were a few bottom-feeders (in terms of talent and prestige) in DI that were willing to take me on as a coach, and the one that I chose and wanted to turn around was none other than... in homage to your username.... the Navy Midshipmen.  The Midshipmen were in shambles when I took them over in season 104. It took me until me until season 109 to turn them around and lead them to their first conf championship and CT championship in about 14 years.  Oh but the season wasn't over there -the Midshipmen would soon shock the Whatifsports world.  The tournament committee laughed at Navy making the tournament and gave us a #16 seed facing the high and mighty #1 North Carolina Tarheels. Thousands of brackets were busted when the Midshipment knocked off the #1 seed in regulation, then continued the magic beating a very strong 8-seeded Villanova.  Navy was in their first sweet-16 ever under my helm. I continued the success last year with another conference championship and NT appearance.  I ask that you consider donating credits to me so I can continue to pursue my goal of getting in a power 6 conference and to continue to shock the tark community

Matt

1/28/2016 4:37 PM (edited)
I'd like some credits, I mean I did just make the Elite 8 this season with my Penn State squad but I've been building the team up and currently being deployed in the Middle East I'm trying to spend as little money as possible while I'm here. Regardless if you choose me or not I appreciate your generosity bud.
1/28/2016 6:15 PM
Posted by dwise89 on 1/28/2016 6:15:00 PM (view original):
I'd like some credits, I mean I did just make the Elite 8 this season with my Penn State squad but I've been building the team up and currently being deployed in the Middle East I'm trying to spend as little money as possible while I'm here. Regardless if you choose me or not I appreciate your generosity bud.
I'm assuming by deployed you mean you are in the military, so I would recommend that this guy gets some credits, he deserves it.
1/28/2016 11:17 PM
I feel like you owe me some credits for trying to cheat in Ace of Diamonds and being a/the resident chooch here...IJS
1/29/2016 12:29 AM
I would really enjoy getting some credits, not because I deserve credits, because I think that credits need to be earned and I have been earning some credits in my stint of a year on HD. I am not the greatest coach, but I have been making progress on my long term team 'Wyoming' in Knight world. I have been paying for seasons myself when I need them to continue my dynasty. I do not want to lose it, because my goal at the school is to create a powerhouse out of a non contender. Wyoming started at a D+ I believe, it has taken awhile and a lot of recruiting headaches, but I am finally getting them to continually 20+ seasons and the PI, which is not a huge accomplishment, but looking at where I started and bringing in talented coaches to the conference we are continually making upsets and I ALWAYS schedule Seble every season and at first lost to him quite a bit. But now am winning the games I play against him regularly. Seble seems to just leave his teams at specific settings, but who knows what he does all the time in HD. 

I would like to create Wyoming as a household name and basically create an alternate universe where Wyoming is a contender on a yearly basis. 

Again Thank you for your service and if you choose me awesome, but if not whomever you choose I hope that they are able to do something with the credits. 
1/29/2016 2:09 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/27/2016 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by yanks250125 on 1/27/2016 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Been at Oklahoma St. in your Tark conference for 45 seasons and haven't made the NT in 28 straight seasons (and somehow haven't gotten fired).  You've stolen all my recruits for all 40 seasons you were at OU without one complaint from me.  Time to give some of it back to a needy in-state rival friend.
just FYI, you and stine aren't at OK / OK st in tark. i think it might be knight? not really sure.
yeah...that one
1/29/2016 6:50 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 1/27/2016 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Been at Oklahoma St. in your Tark conference for 45 seasons and haven't made the NT in 28 straight seasons (and somehow haven't gotten fired).  You've stolen all my recruits for all 40 seasons you were at OU without one complaint from me.  Time to give some of it back to a needy in-state rival friend.
This sounds like the democratic debate with all these free handouts!

Stine I wish you were sticking around (although your departure landed me a job at Indiana), enjoyed battling with you in the Big12 and your consecutive final four runs were incredible.

Would love a piece of the pie, but if it can't be me I'm going to lobby for yanks..... he really has taken a beating from you in Knight, yet keeps coming back for more.
1/30/2016 2:51 AM
Winner announcement?
2/1/2016 10:33 PM
Credits dispursed. Will give more info when I get home.
2/2/2016 1:24 PM

Gvsujulius           $33         9                       Three D1 teams, trying to build them up. Left a good Washington St team that I got to a Final Four with.

Yanks250125      $28         8                       Took lots of beatings from my OU team. Least I can do.

Dwise89               $28         8                          Military.

Dvsman                $26         7                Asking for 2 seasons. Getting about two seasons.

MonsterTurtl     $24.95   7                          Creative post.

Obituaryconc     $13         6                       Nice write-up, worth a season.

Jmfisc06               $13         5                            Student

Davinchi               $0           4                       Had to decide davinchi, jmfisc06, and bigtexhawk. Gave a slight advantage to jmfisc06.

Bigtexhawk        $0           4                            See above

Rpolzin25             $0           4                                Makes a good case, but too many other good ones.

Sol_phenom3    $0           2                      Short, not sweet enough

Robinsmd            $0           0                          Spelled my username wrong. The amount of times I was called “sitenavy” is staggering.

Bistiza                   $0           0                         Troll

Colonels19          $0           0                       Troll

Joeykw18            $0           -1                     Funny quip at Democrats +1, but I’m a Dem -2

2/2/2016 3:39 PM
That's it for me. 6,642 wins. Only 6 titles, but a bunch of Final Fours and Elite Elites the last two years.

Best wishes going forward.
2/2/2016 3:49 PM
good luck and fair seas
2/2/2016 3:50 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Giving Away Credits! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.