If you assign guaranteed 10 minutes to a player who has "Wants to Play" listed on his preferences, but he is currently ineligible, how does that affect recruiting and his chances of signing with you currently. Also, what happens to the guarantee after he signs if he is still ineligible at the start of next season?
10/7/2016 7:18 PM
Any thoughts or guesses from you guys who did Beta would be helpful.
10/8/2016 10:00 AM
Same impact as old system. + for the preference and he doesn't expect to start the following season
10/8/2016 10:03 AM
Warning: ineligibles will now frequently become eligible AFTER period #1 and occasionally during period #2.

I cannot recall this ever happening after signings began in 2.0, but it certainly does happen now.
10/8/2016 10:07 AM
^^ true dat
10/8/2016 10:13 AM
Rogelio or anyone else, do you know the frequency of ineligible recruits becoming eligible in the 2nd recruiting session? Is there a correlation between GPA & the player becoming eligible during recruiting?
11/2/2016 11:18 AM
I don't know of a correlation .. but if you roll the dice and offer time, you might have to meet it, if he qualifies. It seems to happen MORE in 30 than 2.0.
11/2/2016 12:15 PM

I know I read the % somewhere, but if you offer a schollie to a Ineligible and he accepts, what the chance of him arriving on campus vs. going JUCO?

11/17/2016 4:42 PM
Posted by rogelio on 10/8/2016 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Warning: ineligibles will now frequently become eligible AFTER period #1 and occasionally during period #2.

I cannot recall this ever happening after signings began in 2.0, but it certainly does happen now.
It used to happen in 2.0 rarely during recruiting.

In 2.0 one would OFTEN see guys who were ineligible at the start of the season become eligible during the season. I didnt study it, but I think that when I scouted early perhaps 30-50% of the guys who were ineligible at season start wouldf be eligible when recruiting actually began

Now, that time period is partly during phase 1 of recruiting./
11/17/2016 5:32 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 11/17/2016 4:42:00 PM (view original):

I know I read the % somewhere, but if you offer a schollie to a Ineligible and he accepts, what the chance of him arriving on campus vs. going JUCO?

historically, the answer was that it depended

- was he thrilled to get a schollie at your school or was he a reach - if thrilled, more likely to enroll

- how much effort did you invest - if you did a ton, more likely to enroll

dont know whether 3.0 changed any of that
11/17/2016 5:34 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 11/17/2016 5:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by skinndogg on 11/17/2016 4:42:00 PM (view original):

historically, the answer was that it depended

- was he thrilled to get a schollie at your school or was he a reach - if thrilled, more likely to enroll

- how much effort did you invest - if you did a ton, more likely to enroll

dont know whether 3.0 changed any of that
They had to change something, because more than 1 ineligible player signs with a team much more easily now than before.

What all they changed, I have no idea.
11/18/2016 3:54 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.