Recruiting Pool: Categories???? Topic

In the recruit pool search, there's categories with colored circles that you can click. What is this?
10/28/2016 12:15 PM
It is so you can organize them however you like. Then when you go to Recruiting--Home the recruits will show up in the order you organized them.

At D2 or D3 you could organize them by whether they are D1, D2 or D3.
At D1 I organize them by when they will sign: one color for 1st period, one for Whenver, one for Late. Then I use the last color for the recruits I really like and am going to go after right away.

Just do whatever works for you.

10/28/2016 12:45 PM
I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the advanced search criteria. If I'm clicking red, what recruits is it looking for?

Position
Distance to
State
Projected Level
Playing Pref
Distance Pref
Style Pref
Offense Pref
Defense Pref
Eligible Years
High School
JUCO
Transfers
Eligibility
Signing Tendency
Success Pref
Conference Pref
Longevity Pref
Decision Status
Overall Rating
Scouting Level
Categories

to
to
to
to
Order by
Search
10/28/2016 12:50 PM
Its exactly what tooslim said.

Reread his post
10/28/2016 1:11 PM
The categories filter in the advanced search is just another means to filter the pool by something you can actually control.

If you had categorized your entire recruit pool like Green = D1 recruit, Blue = D2 recruit, Orange = D3 recruit, Red = International and then you did a recruit pool search with a whole bunch of filters, one of which was Categories = Red, then it would only show you recruits which you had designated with the red category (internationals) that also met all those other search criteria.
10/28/2016 1:19 PM
The colors are a way to sort your player pool.
In 2.0 it provided 4 options: High, Medium, Low, Not Set.
In 3.0 you are provided with 5 options: blue, green, orange, red, and the baseball looking circle.
On the recruits' pages or near the recruits' names, click on whichever color you'd like to sort them in.
Later, an advanced search can allow you to sort via those colors.
10/28/2016 2:31 PM
OK michiganct--I see what you are looking at. You are on the Recruiting Pool page in the Advanced tab where you can search by color (amongst a bunch
of other things)

Go to any of your recruits' individual page and look at the 3rd line below their name and you will see: Catergory and the five colored circles. There you can tap on any of those circles and that player will have that color associated with him. If you do either blue,green,orange, or red then that player will show up on your Recruiting Home page sorted by the colors.

You could then on Recruiting Pool page search by those colors but seems a little redundant to me that they set it up that way. Heck I had never even seen that Advanced mode on that page lol. Some of those other categories will come in handy though in searching through the scouted recruits.

So to answer your question: It would be searching for the recruits that you yourself had designated as a red player on that player's individual page.
10/29/2016 1:04 AM
Not redundant at all. If you had categorized all the d1 recruits you might be interested in as red, then you want to know who in that universe of recruits prefers a long term coach, up it comes sorted that way, etcetera. It lets you have another category you can further limit a search by.
10/29/2016 5:28 AM
I use the colors to rank the players.
Blue - top targets
Green - backup targets
Yellow - desperation targets (never had to resort to any of these)
Red - Stay away or No way I can get them - i.e if I am at D3 and the player is a 3-5 star guy, they are red.

When recruiting starts, I sort my list so that I only see the blues.

Usually, early in scouting I make a lot of players blue. Sometimes up to 100 of them. Then I study each one more carefully, and see if they have any flaws, like 1 WE, or a PG with a low passing number with no improvement. In a case like that, I change them to another color. Usually by the start of recruiting I still have 10 - 30 players in blue.

If I am at D3 or D2 I usually have more than that in blue and they are D1 players I am going to watch and see if they "fall through the cracks"
10/29/2016 10:10 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/29/2016 10:10:00 AM (view original):
I use the colors to rank the players.
Blue - top targets
Green - backup targets
Yellow - desperation targets (never had to resort to any of these)
Red - Stay away or No way I can get them - i.e if I am at D3 and the player is a 3-5 star guy, they are red.

When recruiting starts, I sort my list so that I only see the blues.

Usually, early in scouting I make a lot of players blue. Sometimes up to 100 of them. Then I study each one more carefully, and see if they have any flaws, like 1 WE, or a PG with a low passing number with no improvement. In a case like that, I change them to another color. Usually by the start of recruiting I still have 10 - 30 players in blue.

If I am at D3 or D2 I usually have more than that in blue and they are D1 players I am going to watch and see if they "fall through the cracks"
Very similar approach by me .. except I use Green (as in good to go) for the guys I want to recruit and blue as the guys that are backups.
10/29/2016 10:15 AM
It seems like the process would be much easier if the Recruit Home (a/k/a "Targets") Page could be sortable just like the Recruit Pool Page!

Once I get all my guys color-coded (i.e., established as targets), I would love to be able to stop utilizing the Recruit Pool mechanism altogether and make more-detailed decisions on prioritizing and re-allocation of AP easily.
10/29/2016 12:30 PM
This may be a stupid question, but consider the source!

Are we looking for numeric or alphabetic ratings when we use rating to search by?

Example, in old 2.0 I would search WE at >20. So do I now search > F or still >20, or can I use both alphabetic or numeric?
10/29/2016 6:10 PM
" Are we looking for numeric or alphabetic ratings when we use rating to search by? "

On all the criteria you search, you use numbers. On recruits you haven't scouted enough to see numbers, it will return whatever level you have scouted to. On recruits you have scouted to level four, it will return numbers..
10/29/2016 8:05 PM (edited)
Recruiting Pool: Categories???? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.