Bigs are much easier to find Topic

Have we talked about how much easier it is to find quality bigs in the recruit pool as opposed to quality guards? I don't know if that's just because there are more bigs, but I always have lots of bigs to choose from and can't find a good point guard to save my life.
12/28/2016 11:33 AM
Meanwhile, I'm often just the opposite.
12/28/2016 11:41 AM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 12/28/2016 11:41:00 AM (view original):
Meanwhile, I'm often just the opposite.
That's interesting. It's been that way for me since I started playing.
12/28/2016 11:44 AM
Posted by pallas on 12/28/2016 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Have we talked about how much easier it is to find quality bigs in the recruit pool as opposed to quality guards? I don't know if that's just because there are more bigs, but I always have lots of bigs to choose from and can't find a good point guard to save my life.
It's been the same for me for a long time, but every once in a while, there will be a year where it's the opposite. I think it's because bigs need to do fewer things well to be good. A big can be quality with only three good skills (DEF, ATH, REB). A guard with only SPD, DEF, and one other skill will almost certainly suck, and a guard with only SPD, PER, and BH can be a good scorer but is still only going to be a spot player because of the massive defensive liability
12/28/2016 12:23 PM
I find it incredibly difficult to find bigs I like. I can always find multiple guards I'm good with recruiting.
12/28/2016 12:50 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 12/28/2016 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pallas on 12/28/2016 11:33:00 AM (view original):
It's been the same for me for a long time, but every once in a while, there will be a year where it's the opposite. I think it's because bigs need to do fewer things well to be good. A big can be quality with only three good skills (DEF, ATH, REB). A guard with only SPD, DEF, and one other skill will almost certainly suck, and a guard with only SPD, PER, and BH can be a good scorer but is still only going to be a spot player because of the massive defensive liability
Yeah exactly. Much harder to find a guard that is a complete stud than a big.
12/28/2016 12:51 PM
I agree, it's incredibly hard to find a guard with a solid passing BH, DEF combo, much less one with a high enough WE to improve and high enough ATH and speed to be good. I have no problem finding bigs, and it's the same across all 3 divisions for me.
12/28/2016 12:59 PM
SF can be gems
12/28/2016 1:02 PM
For me I am having trouble finding bigs! Has anyone been studying low WE in 3.0 to see if it increases more, less, or the same as under 2.0? I have seen a bunch of low WE with green and blue potentials and have wondered if the folks constructing recruit generation are laying traps, or planting gold with some of these guys.
12/28/2016 1:12 PM
Posted by wvufan76 on 12/28/2016 1:12:00 PM (view original):
For me I am having trouble finding bigs! Has anyone been studying low WE in 3.0 to see if it increases more, less, or the same as under 2.0? I have seen a bunch of low WE with green and blue potentials and have wondered if the folks constructing recruit generation are laying traps, or planting gold with some of these guys.
12/28/2016 1:53 PM
I'm in the easy to find bigs and SGs but harder to find qualities SFs and really hard to find good PGs.

for note I want 75+ ath, 80+spd, 70+def, 85+bh, and 85+pass in my ideal starting PG. I rarely have 2 guys in my team at once that fills that quota so I'm searching every cycle for a quality Pg wether I need a guard or not.
for SF if I can't find a guy I like then I'll whole flip flopping PF/SG to fill that spot during the season.
12/28/2016 5:28 PM
my take is that if you consider it easy to find stud guards, then either 1) you've recently won many championships, or 2) you need to raise your standards regarding how you evaluate guards.

it does differ by division, in d1 the above is true to a great extent (given that the "won many championships" is a bit of an exaggeration), where in lower divisions it can be hard to find acceptable bigs. however, in lower divisions, bigs also relatively matter less, so...
12/28/2016 8:27 PM
gillispie stole my thunder. It's all relative to division and also what OFF/DEF set you are running. For high DI I agree with the original post. For DII and DIII, I would disagree.
12/28/2016 10:57 PM
Bigs are much easier to find Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.