Ok, new tactic on troublesome posters Topic

Not sure if this will work, but I'm going to try it and see. From the time of this post, I'm going to block any posters I personally see as troublesome. Since this alone won't fix much of anything, because those responding to these posters will tend to include quotes and ad nauseam back-and-forth insults, I'm also going to block any posters who respond to the troublesome posters in any way, even though this would block some very intelligent posters with consistently well-thought input. In other words, I'll block both the bad guys and anyone who doesn't completely and permanently ignore them. I imagine most of you realize I'm referring to Spud as just the latest troublesome poster, and you're right, and I'll continue to add to that list as other TPs present themselves.

Like I said, I'm not sure this will work, but I'm doing this with a fully "no worries" expectation. Here goes. :)
1/7/2017 2:04 PM
I would like to see your banner list in a week.
1/7/2017 2:12 PM
No problem, Trentonjoe. I was just thinking that even though Spud likely has aliases, maybe just like other troublesome posters I come across, as long as they remain non-troublesome with those usernames, they won't be blocked. But then they won't be troublesome. Oh, I have high hopes. :)
1/7/2017 2:22 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by jskenner on 1/7/2017 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Not sure if this will work, but I'm going to try it and see. From the time of this post, I'm going to block any posters I personally see as troublesome. Since this alone won't fix much of anything, because those responding to these posters will tend to include quotes and ad nauseam back-and-forth insults, I'm also going to block any posters who respond to the troublesome posters in any way, even though this would block some very intelligent posters with consistently well-thought input. In other words, I'll block both the bad guys and anyone who doesn't completely and permanently ignore them. I imagine most of you realize I'm referring to Spud as just the latest troublesome poster, and you're right, and I'll continue to add to that list as other TPs present themselves.

Like I said, I'm not sure this will work, but I'm doing this with a fully "no worries" expectation. Here goes. :)
I have develop a tactic on how to beat these troublesome posters and trollers. Its like the fight between Globalisim and Amercanisim. Debate with them, and use sources and data to beat them and they won't say a thing.
1/7/2017 3:07 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 1/7/2017 3:07:00 PM (view original):

I have develop a tactic on how to beat these troublesome posters and trollers. Its like the fight between Globalisim and Amercanisim. Debate with them, and use sources and data to beat them and they won't say a thing.
Datas?
1/7/2017 3:28 PM

I shudder to think which side ward's on. Wait, did I just get myself blocked by jsk?
1/7/2017 4:25 PM
Posted by johnsensing on 1/7/2017 4:25:00 PM (view original):

I shudder to think which side ward's on. Wait, did I just get myself blocked by jsk?
What side do you think I am on?
1/7/2017 5:47 PM
The wrong one.
1/7/2017 7:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/7/2017 7:17:00 PM (view original):
The wrong one.
Lol? No I am not!
1/7/2017 7:28 PM

I hope a lot of guys use your idea. It'll make the forums a heckuva lot better.
1/7/2017 8:59 PM
I may start blocking "troublesome" posters.

I consider them to be:
1. No team lurkers. WTF are you doing here?
2. Constant EE whiners. You had great players, be happy. Replacing them shouldn't be easy.
3. D1 "privilege" guys. Why do you think the game should cater to you?

Success at D1 should be hard. Sustained success at D1 should be even harder. Words to live by.

Of course, if I actually block these guys, I'm talking to myself most days.
1/7/2017 9:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/7/2017 9:39:00 PM (view original):

I consider them to be:
2. Constant EE whiners. You had great players, be happy. Replacing them shouldn't be easy.

Success at D1 should be hard. Sustained success at D1 should be even harder. Words to live by.

When I block the people I still tend to see what they say.
1/7/2017 11:01 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/7/2017 9:39:00 PM (view original):

I consider them to be:

Break 'em off some, Napoleon Dynamike!

1/8/2017 12:02 AM
Damn. noteamguy lurking at midnight. Really?
1/8/2017 8:09 AM
12 Next ▸
Ok, new tactic on troublesome posters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.