Anyway, back to restricting recruiting. If you restrict access to recruits(which has no realism at all as any D3 can call the #1 recruit in the nation and be ignored), you create more conflict. Say there are 1000 recruits at each level. Right now, I'd say the smart D3 guy isn't going after the top 300 D1(maybe they are but I gotta use numbers). That means his pool is 2700. Remove D1, 2000. Remove D2, 1000. D3 users are far more likely to cross paths in scenario 2 and 3. Who wins? New guy or 88 season guy?

And I'm not being critical of you planting yourself at two D3 schools. You've stated your reasons. I'm keeping a team at D3 for similar reasons. But you have an advantage over every n00b in D3. Forcing him to cross paths with you is not good for him.
2/14/2017 8:02 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 7:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 2/13/2017 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 7:32:00 PM (view original):
And, if they're already jumping on ones labeled D1, why do you think it would make it more difficult? They're already doing it.
"People are already falling off cliffs. How could removing the sign hurt"
That's relatively stupid.

Users are already trying to get players they shouldn't by your account. Why would removing labels make it worse?
He compared recruiting in HD to people killing themselves.

Do you not think that's relatively stupid?
2/14/2017 8:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2017 8:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 7:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 2/13/2017 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 7:32:00 PM (view original):
And, if they're already jumping on ones labeled D1, why do you think it would make it more difficult? They're already doing it.
"People are already falling off cliffs. How could removing the sign hurt"
That's relatively stupid.

Users are already trying to get players they shouldn't by your account. Why would removing labels make it worse?
He compared recruiting in HD to people killing themselves.

Do you not think that's relatively stupid?
It wasn't a suicide analogy. He said people are falling off cliffs. And then putting up a warning sign.

use any type of warning sign you'd like. The point remains, warning signs are helpful.
2/14/2017 8:07 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to interpret statements in the manner I choose. Comparing people dying to HD recruiting is probably just plain stupid but I chose to sugarcoat it. His next response was to suggest that I'm stupid because I don't get his point. So, I ask, do you really think I started the slinging of poo? Do you think I escalated it to the point it became? I get that you don't care for me but the facts are what the facts are.

And my point is he derailed any potential discussion. I didn't. That's not the sign of a "smart guy".
2/14/2017 8:12 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2017 8:12:00 AM (view original):
I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to interpret statements in the manner I choose. Comparing people dying to HD recruiting is probably just plain stupid but I chose to sugarcoat it. His next response was to suggest that I'm stupid because I don't get his point. So, I ask, do you really think I started the slinging of poo? Do you think I escalated it to the point it became? I get that you don't care for me but the facts are what the facts are.

And my point is he derailed any potential discussion. I didn't. That's not the sign of a "smart guy".
I found his analogy insightful and on point.
2/14/2017 8:25 AM
Anyway, despite your "smart guy" killing any potential discussion for improving the game with insults, removing projected levels won't happen.

1. I suspect that's how SIMAI chooses to recruit. Unless someone has an example of D3 SIMMY recruiting D2/D1, I'll continue to believe this.
2. As I mentioned earlier, it would require a full-on scouting revamp. Without levels, D1 is seeing D2/D3 when they scout TX. That's a failure of the system. Now they could give us drop down options, like SPD over 80, ATH over 80, etc, etc which would be really helpful. Could even include positions. After all, if you need a C, your scouts aren't going to TX and giving you PG reports. The programming is there already in FC and HBD. That, in itself, would make the game better and would make projected levels obsolete anyway.

We probably could have discussed this but, again, your "smart guy" decided to take a different route. And, stupidly, I followed him down the rabbit hole.
2/14/2017 8:28 AM
I don't know if he's MY smart guy. He's just a smart guy IMO.
2/14/2017 8:32 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/12/2017 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Once elected King of HD, here are the three things I'm gonna do:

1. Limit EE to one per team. Nothing more, nothing less to solve the EE whining, errr, problem.
2. Remove projected levels. The market will sort it out. I would have the top 50% as "late" signees.
3. Allow anyone with 2 or more teams to sim games against oneself. There is too much downtime and this would help. It would also allow users to experiment with their teams AND encourage users to have more than one team.

Revising #2:

Remove projected levels. Revamp scouting so users can scout by 2-3 categories(the current drop down menus for ordering) within states. Top 50%, which would be our current D1 and around half of current D2, are designated late signees.
2/14/2017 8:36 AM
Benis, I'm not discussing the intelligence level of users with you. Try to stay on topic or I'll cjmully you too.
2/14/2017 8:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2017 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Benis, I'm not discussing the intelligence level of users with you. Try to stay on topic or I'll cjmully you too.
What did he say BTW?
2/14/2017 8:48 AM
Don't know. Read the first 4-5 words and they were leading into an insult. Which is all he posts so I don't think my assumption was a stretch. If it wasn't an insult, ADMIN will warn me for redlining on topic posts. Pretty sure I won't be getting a warning.
2/14/2017 8:53 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2017 8:12:00 AM (view original):

This is idiotic. The "can interpret things anyway you want to" argument could be used for anything . The analogy is straightforward. Just like facts are straightforward. Just like reason is straightforward. Just like sarcasm is straightforward.

Is that too short for you to grasp or too long?

p.s. I do have you on block but it's nearly impossible to read threads since you spam so many of them. One major reason Im not on here as often as I used to be
2/14/2017 9:19 AM
Comparing death to HD recruiting is stupid. Nothing more, nothing less. Plain and simple. But, since you're measuring life success by HD accomplishments, I can see how you can make that analogy.

P.S. Don't hit "show". It's easier to not do something than to do something. Less you is a win for everyone.
2/14/2017 9:24 AM
You are extremely dense. How many businesses/organizations that have nothing to do with animals use the rabbitt and hare analogy? Tons. Because that's how analogies work. If you don't want me to call you dumb don't be an illogical idiot. It's that simple.
2/14/2017 9:29 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 2/14/2017 9:29:00 AM (view original):
You are extremely dense. How many businesses/organizations that have nothing to do with animals use the rabbitt and hare analogy? Tons. Because that's how analogies work. If you don't want me to call you dumb don't be an illogical idiot. It's that simple.
There is no reason to block someone if you're going to keep reading their posts.

And I'm the dense one? Look in the mirror. With that said, on topic with your next post or no one will be able to read it. Discuss the topic or run along. I'm done with your nonsense.
2/14/2017 9:32 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.