How is that 3.0 Update Coming? Topic

I like 2 and 3. Not a fan of limiting EE. That one feels like a bandaid. Don't hate it but I think the better idea is to declare earlier.
3/3/2017 12:29 PM
It probably is a band-aid. But, when you have a bleeding wound, a band-aid ain't so bad if you're not getting surgery in the near future.

My whole point has been to "help" those with EE problems without transferring the issue to other users. Most "solutions" I've seen do that. And, when I point it out, some jerk will say "Them's the breaks." (added to avoid a ******* match).
3/3/2017 12:31 PM
As to the "realism" point, there has to be a group of kids who think "I ain't going to no damn D2/D3 school. I'm going to big-time college and then they gonna pay me to play after that.". And they will go to a big-time college.

After that, there has to be a second group who knows they aren't ever gonna get paid to play. But they'd like the opportunity to play on Saturday afternoon on CBS. Or at least sit the bench on that Saturday afternoon and get on TV while waving a towel. And some of them are still wrong.

And. finally, the group that knows they aren't D1 material. Not even Rhode Island or Citadel material. But they want to keep hooping while working on the beginning of the rest of their life without basketball. They could go D2 or D3 depending on their motivation.
3/3/2017 12:36 PM
I agree, a bandaid will help and would be nice. I'm thinking of it in the context of what WIS is going to do and how long it will take. If it's going to take 6 months to do the band aid or 9 months to do a different fix (perhaps better long term), then I'd rather just wait the extra couple months. I could be wrong but my feeling is that if they were to touch EEs once it may never be touched again.. or wouldn't be for years. Probably a cynical mentality to have but just my thoughts.
3/3/2017 12:41 PM
My thinking is "Only 1 per season per school" eliminates a lot of the "unexpected" complaints. If you have a great team with 3 underclassmen, you KNOW one is leaving, probably every season for the next three seasons, so you have a way to plan. And, yes, I agree that "realism" is thrown out the door with that procedure but playability is better.
3/3/2017 12:47 PM
I have a lot of EEs and 1 per season would be fine. I'll never complain about 1 even now. I can handle a walkon or find a backup. What kills me is when I have 1 regular opening and 2 or even 3 EEs. I get 40 APs for the first cycle and usually get stuck with 2 walkons....which really makes press hard to play.
3/3/2017 12:52 PM
Posted by all2matt on 3/3/2017 12:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/3/2017 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Well, despite not being in D1 and obviously having no right to dare comment on it, I've thrown out a few suggestions.
1. The max of 1 EE per school per season that you mentioned.
2. Top 250 being exclusive to D1
3. Top 125 at each position exclusive to D1/D2

I think benis said each level had around 2500 per season. 10% is D1 only and 25% excludes D3 from D1 recruits. That's a pretty big pool for 90ish D1 users to draw from.
I would have no problem with these limits. It's eased off some of 2.0s caps which is good but helps eliviate (sp) some of the overlap that has been the issue of discussions.
I agree with it too.
3/3/2017 1:11 PM
Now let's do these changes.
3/3/2017 1:13 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/3/2017 7:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/3/2017 2:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by waykbordr on 3/3/2017 12:26:00 AM (view original):
You only get 10 sessions worth of att pts because they are not available til the 2nd session. So a max of 200.

whereas a normal schollie gets a max of 32 sessions, 22 cycles in the 1st and 10 in the second thus a max of 640 att pts.

if they would give EE schollies 40 pts per cycle as opposed to 20 it would help balance things a bit more but not fully like a normal scholarship.
Assuring EE caliber replacing EE caliber players, season after season, is a thing of the past. One of the main purposes of 3.0 was to introduce recruiting competition at the top of D1 where is was lacking. There have been 225 threads about this already, give or take 3 or 4. This is old news.
We think ees should declare early so we get resources.
"We think ees should declare early so we get resources."
"Or make it as a lottery decision. Top 14 go for sure, so give resources."
"one of the easiest possible fixes would be to eliminate signings in the first couple session 2 cycles.?"
(That is nothing more than extending Seble's red light into the second period, making a bad idea even worse.) "If I'm not misunderstanding the proposal moves the red light back. That gives the D1 more time to overtake the D2. And the D2 to overtake the D3. That can't be better for them." That's correct.
"1. The max of 1 EE per school per season that you mentioned.
2. Top 250 being exclusive to D1
3. Top 125 at each position exclusive to D1/D2"
Capping players has often been proposed but yet to be supported with a good argument.

The answer to all those ideas is the same unshakable fact. Assuring EE caliber replacing EE caliber players, season after season, is a thing of the past. One of the main purposes of 3.0 was to introduce recruiting competition at the top of D1 where is was lacking. There have been 225 threads about this already, give or take 3 or 4. This is all old news. I guess now there are 226 threads about it; fortunately, so far WIS has acted on the merits or lack of merits of the ideas proposed, not the number of threads from a few people over and over again.

Bevis, you can make all the snarky remarks you want, but this is just another whiney thread beating a dead horse. Now, how about a little background noise, please?
3/3/2017 4:07 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
As a Div II coach, if I see a Div I human coach on one of my prospects the first couple of days of the first recruiting period, I back off until I know for sure they were just fishing. But if they wait until the last day of period 1 to make their presence known, I fight them for the prospect.

And since we all like spending time in our fantasy scenarios, if you were a middle of the road Div I player and a Big 6 school comes in late in the recruiting process, don't you feel kind of dished by that? Oh you missed out on your All-American, and NOW you want to come calling? Relationships are not developed in a few hours.
3/3/2017 4:11 PM
Spud talks like he is the one deciding. Spud, you work for WIS? You are making statements as if you were a select few.
3/3/2017 4:22 PM
You say "we" a lot when I'm not sure you're speaking for a collective.
3/3/2017 4:25 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
How is that 3.0 Update Coming? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.