Re-Implement Post-Season Cash Topic

Recommendation: Re-implement post-season cash bonuses.

Under the new system, cash plays far less of a role in recruiting and the majority of recruiting takes place in the first cycle, where post-season cash won't play a role.

Conference cash was an issue because it gave big conference teams a bit too much of an advantage in recruiting. Now, it would give far less of an advantage to teams in large conferences. However, it would add a layer of interest to the 2nd session of recruiting, which desperately needs a bit more intrigue! (Also let there be 3 sessions of no signings before session 2 signings begin).
3/11/2017 2:36 PM
I'm in.
3/11/2017 3:12 PM
Having 3 sessions of no signings in period 2 might be an improvement for D1 but would make recruiting in D2 a nightmare. Not only would it make it more difficult to figure out which players to go after, it would also make D3 teams much more of a threat (to D2 schools) due to the shortened signing window. Something like this might be workable if D3 schools were no longer allowed to recruit D1 recruits.

I would also suggest that D2/D3 schools shouldn't automatically know about the top 100 players. Having 100 unsignable players mucks up the recruit pool and makes Assistant Search less useful. I end up changing all 100 of them to Red just to get them out of my way.
3/11/2017 4:22 PM
Post-season cash was always bad idea, and it should never come back in any form. I'm fine with strong conference being a preference for some players. That's as much advantage as you should get. Under no circumstances should we go back to a system where you get to do extra visits when other teams in your conference advance deep into the tournament.

I'm on board with the last idea, though. There should be more late players, and they should never sign before the last 5-6 cycles.
3/11/2017 5:14 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/11/2017 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Post-season cash was always bad idea, and it should never come back in any form. I'm fine with strong conference being a preference for some players. That's as much advantage as you should get. Under no circumstances should we go back to a system where you get to do extra visits when other teams in your conference advance deep into the tournament.

I'm on board with the last idea, though. There should be more late players, and they should never sign before the last 5-6 cycles.
+1 I agree with Shoe we should always look to move forward. Except for the late idea, just recruit a higher division. That would be a bad business move.
3/11/2017 5:39 PM
I agree with not being able to see the top 100 players for both D2 and D3, it is really a waste of time and money.

I think that if anything there should be bonus cash for individual teams, not conferences.

No 3 sessions of no signing, maybe 1, but not 3.
3/11/2017 5:44 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 3/11/2017 5:44:00 PM (view original):
I agree with not being able to see the top 100 players for both D2 and D3, it is really a waste of time and money.

I think that if anything there should be bonus cash for individual teams, not conferences.

No 3 sessions of no signing, maybe 1, but not 3.
I don't bother going under 150 with my division 2 team if I want to have a good session of recruiting. I lost out on a 100-110 player that I took the chance and prioritize for the failure for. Which eventually I ended up losing the recruit.

Why does it bother people to see top 100 players. Only A-/A/A+ prestige team can get those type of players. We don't need to move backwards...

I think there should be a period of no signing. To finally resolve EE's and the solution to Big 6 welfare problems. I think this is a good idea and should be implemented.
3/11/2017 5:52 PM
I think D2 would really be easy prey if people had 3 cycles in the 2nd session. I do not think cash plays a big part in recruiting so he would not have that much impact.
3/11/2017 5:55 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/11/2017 5:55:00 PM (view original):
I think D2 would really be easy prey if people had 3 cycles in the 2nd session. I do not think cash plays a big part in recruiting so he would not have that much impact.
Don't you agree that we need to have 1 period of no signing?
3/11/2017 5:56 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/11/2017 5:56:00 PM (view original):
I don't. I look at the second period as simply an extension of the first. Having any break in signings seems artificial to me.
3/11/2017 6:15 PM
No break is necessary if there are more late players, and if those players specifically don't sign until the final 5-6 cycles. I'd keep the start of the second session as is, except for late players, personally.
3/11/2017 6:20 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/11/2017 6:20:00 PM (view original):
No break is necessary if there are more late players, and if those players specifically don't sign until the final 5-6 cycles. I'd keep the start of the second session as is, except for late players, personally.
I think there are enough late players as it is. In Tark one late signed first cycle. I will wait to 11 to see if I opened anything significant but to be honest, getting a new gig in D1 is tougher than ever.
3/11/2017 6:25 PM
Posted by mrslam34 on 3/11/2017 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/11/2017 5:56:00 PM (view original):
I don't. I look at the second period as simply an extension of the first. Having any break in signings seems artificial to me.
What about the issue of solving EE's?
3/11/2017 6:29 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/11/2017 6:20:00 PM (view original):
Refer to my EE's post below please?
3/11/2017 6:29 PM
Teams still have multiple ees, check tark and phelan.
3/11/2017 6:44 PM
123456 Next ▸
Re-Implement Post-Season Cash Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.