This is truly a funny thread.
3/13/2017 2:46 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 3/13/2017 2:46:00 PM (view original):
""I am at Alabama, the only player I am taking is a 503 PF frosh."
"So I truly played it well."

COACHSPUD!!!!!!
3/13/2017 2:47 PM
It's funny that spud is using his alias to confirm his thoughts.
3/13/2017 2:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 2:47:00 PM (view original):

COACHSPUD!!!!!!
Yep and mixing Clemson with Alabama.
3/13/2017 2:48 PM
Not me, but I do agree with the sentiment. More of a sad thread than a funny thread, actually.
3/13/2017 2:49 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2017 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 2:47:00 PM (view original):

COACHSPUD!!!!!!
Yep and mixing Clemson with Alabama.
Don't respond to me. You blocked me.
3/13/2017 2:49 PM
Is spud really going to continue denying that is his alt ID? Funny stuff.
3/13/2017 3:00 PM
thewiz busted him a week ago. There's really no point in denying it now.
3/13/2017 3:03 PM
"40 ap, if you know D1 is normal to land a player. Somebody going 80 ap could have landed the prospect. Remember, I only have one scholly."

You can land players with way less than 40 APs per cycle. Even just dropping to 35 per cycle, that gives you 110 more APs to unlock late players. At B level prestige, that's 2 more players I can unlock actions on, in case of EEs.

You made a strategic choice to put all your eggs in a single basket. No one forced you to play it that way.
3/13/2017 3:11 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
"40 ap, if you know D1 is normal to land a player. Somebody going 80 ap could have landed the prospect. Remember, I only have one scholly."

You can land players with way less than 40 APs per cycle. Even just dropping to 35 per cycle, that gives you 110 more APs to unlock late players. At B level prestige, that's 2 more players I can unlock actions on, in case of EEs.

You made a strategic choice to put all your eggs in a single basket. No one forced you to play it that way.
I used this strat to make sure to land a solid player and be able to sustain a vh-h battle. I knew I was able to sign one and build efforts on a possible ee departure. I told myself, if I lose two, I will probably take a walk-on. But three...
3/13/2017 3:18 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2017 3:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):

I used this strat to make sure to land a solid player and be able to sustain a vh-h battle. I knew I was able to sign one and build efforts on a possible ee departure. I told myself, if I lose two, I will probably take a walk-on. But three...
What's wrong with 2 walk-ons? Lots of teams take multiple walk-ons and remain competitive, if they are able to land enough high quality recruits in other seasons to offset.
3/13/2017 3:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/13/2017 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/13/2017 12:35:00 PM (view original):
You play D3 Mike. Guys with significant flaws can be great at D3. One of the things I love about it. But D1 isn't like that.
Sure it is. It's relative, but it's the same game. And everyone is in the same boat, everyone is competing under the same rules.
No way.
Way. Same game. Weird, right? It's just that "significant flaw" for D3 is a post player with under 50 rebounding, whereas for D1, it's under 80. You can find uses for both players in their respective division, if they have good skills or talent elsewhere.
It's the same game but different enough to know there's a difference.

D3 doesn't have to deal with EE.
D3 does have to deal with D1/D2 quickly snagging guys they've been recruiting since Day 1.
Surely you can tell the slight difference while notice the similarities, right?

D3 doesn't always land the guy they want so they take a walk-on instead of a low-level player.
D1 doesn't always land the guy they want so they take a walk-on instead of a low-level player.
Surely you can tell the similarity here.

I could go on. There are differences but they're more similar than not.
In context of this part of the thread, the important thing here is that you can find places for players with "significant flaws" at all levels, if you want to. Sometimes those "significant flaws" are what makes a player with other elite attributes affordable. You know HBD, you're a NL team with no DH, you've got those 90+ power/eye combo guys with 40-50 splits and very limited defensive options - you'd be sacrificing defense at 1b, C, or RF, depending on the specific ratings profile. Those guys won't get you much in trade, because of low splits and negative defensive value. But if you can find a place for them where they won't cause too much damage, the things they can give you can be very valuable.
3/13/2017 4:17 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/13/2017 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Some things bear repeating:

"With very few exceptions, EE possibilities on the projected big board are top 20 in their class at their position. The majority of EEs actually declaring are top 12 in their class/position. If you're recruiting a guy from roughly the top 100 overall who projects to 90+ in the cores for his position, chances are he's going to end up on the Big Board before his senior season. Can you predict precisely who will go when you recruit? No. Can you predict who might go? Absolutely."
So, sorry but saying (as someone has in this thread) "to me, the issue is the total randomness" is just a stupid and totally false thing to say.

"If you have 34k in funds, you have 34k in funds. Manage your 34k well and you need no postseason cash. Manage it poorly, and your team will be poor, as deserves to be the case."
I just lost the #36 PG to EE. He was about 200th overall.
3/13/2017 4:42 PM
Posted by reinsel on 3/13/2017 4:42:00 PM (view original):

"With very few exceptions, EE possibilities on the projected big board are top 20 in their class at their position. The majority of EEs actually declaring are top 12 in their class/position. If you're recruiting a guy from roughly the top 100 overall who projects to 90+ in the cores for his position, chances are he's going to end up on the Big Board before his senior season. Can you predict precisely who will go when you recruit? No. Can you predict who might go? Absolutely."
So, sorry but saying (as someone has in this thread) "to me, the issue is the total randomness" is just a stupid and totally false thing to say.

"If you have 34k in funds, you have 34k in funds. Manage your 34k well and you need no postseason cash. Manage it poorly, and your team will be poor, as deserves to be the case."
He was redshirted, so he was a 4 year player.
3/13/2017 4:54 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by reinsel on 3/13/2017 4:42:00 PM (view original):

He was redshirted, so he was a 4 year player.
I'm not sure you understand how the game works. That post was sarcastic, right, koop?
3/13/2017 4:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.