D2 D3 and early eantries Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 2:45:00 PM (view original):
The problem is, I assume, that the guys who fall to D2/D3 aren't wanted by D1. We know D1 can take them at the drop of the hat. But they'd rather have walk-ons than the 122nd ranked PG. So where do the D2 guys go? I imagine D3 to D2 would be easier. I think some D3 schools get talent that D2 would covet.
I think D1 coaches would want top level D2 senior transfers instead of walkons.. I know I would.
4/4/2017 4:44 PM
I'll defer to your experience. The D2 pre-season All-Americans in Rupp are:
79 ranked C
67 PF JR
16 SF(recruited by a SIM. WTF?) JR
NR SG
38 PG

They're all really good players and I imagine D1 coaches would covet them. I'm just not sure how deep it would go.
4/4/2017 4:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/4/2017 4:58:00 PM (view original):
79 ranked C
67 PF JR
NR SG
38 PG

They're all really good players and I imagine D1 coaches would covet them. I'm just not sure how deep it would go.
That SF wasnt completely recruited by that SIM, it was the human coach that left between seasons, but his recruiting effort was continued by the SIM to sign him. So technically the SIM signed him, but the only reason Kennesaw State even recruited him was because of the previous coach's efforts
4/4/2017 5:10 PM
Now I'm confused. I thought job change coaches didn't get previous credit effort in RS2. Not applicable to SIMAI taking the team?
4/4/2017 5:15 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/28/2017 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stewdog on 3/28/2017 8:53:00 AM (view original):
I love all the ee "debates" on this board, particularly the ones who add, "I mostly play D2/3, but it's really not an issue. They add a lot o the conversation.

I have a proposal for this crowd that could be a good solution to the ee issue altogether.

Why dont we keep the ee issue as is...
Let's have the top 60 players from D2 transfer, using the NCAA grad transfer rule to schools where they think they'd get more exposure. Better yet, let's have a random 60 out of the top 100 D2 players transfer before the second recruiting season.
Then let's do the same thing at D3... a random 60 out of the top 100 D3 players transfer before the second recruiting season.

That will also teach D2&D3 people the lessons all the D1 guys have to learn...
1) try not to make your team too good or hog too much talent, that's just being greedy and entitled!
2) deal with it, you should plan ahead for losing players. It's not that hard to recruit in the second season!
3) don't whine.

thoughts?
And guys die in car crashes,

And guys go on a mission to the south sea islands.

And guys get arrested and deported by ICE.

And guys get meningitis and can't play.

These ideas would be a lot simpler and damage HD as a whole a lot less then the OP.
there was in the early days of HD a whole feature of dilemmas - went away

and there was a team that died in a plane crash

4/4/2017 5:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/4/2017 4:58:00 PM (view original):
79 ranked C
67 PF JR
NR SG
38 PG

Rankings don't matter at all by their senior years. It's all about player development and fit.
A+ D1 teams would play and sometimes start top 60ish D2 players here, depending on need. But especially if they lost ee's they needed to stopgap replace.

Canyon Berry was the 6th man of the year in the SEC last year at Florida after a similar transfer. Happens IRL and would make D1,D2, and D3 play a more similar game with more similar rules. But it will never happen.
4/6/2017 9:21 AM
I would not object to it. Of course, I suggested it months ago so I'm positive it's a great idea.
4/6/2017 10:01 AM
That said, and it would probably be a massive programming nightmare, I'd hate for D2/D3 players to just wander off into the sunset if the levels above aren't interested. So they'd have to be recruited just like any other players. And, if they're not offered a scholarship by a higher level, they return.

And I'd have no idea how to make that work. They'd have to sign early in RS2 so the school they're leaving can replace them.
4/6/2017 10:03 AM
◂ Prev 123
D2 D3 and early eantries Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.