Why the F*$& Do I Keep Turning The Ball Over?! Topic

The offensive formation IQ is maxed out on almost every player, we play two point guards instead of a shooting guard and we run a slow down triangle, but are still turning the ball over 20+ times per game. This is an issue I've had for multiple seasons. Any help?
4/13/2017 5:09 AM
What do you mean your offensive IQ is maxed? Your IQ is pretty bad and only have one guy who is an A.

But the answer here is easy. Its fatigue. Look at your PBP. Your guys are playing super tired and getting sloppy with the ball. What does your depth chart look like? What sub settings do you have? Play slowdown, it will help with fatigue.
4/13/2017 6:05 AM
Thanks for hitting back so quick! You're right, the IQ isn't maxed, I should've clarified. We spend a lot of practice time on IQ, and last year when I had 5 seniors starting (All A's) the turnovers were down, but only slightly. I didn't realize that the fatigue would have such a huge impact. I'll play with it and see what we get. Thanks man!
4/13/2017 6:51 AM
Check to get fatigue and fill three slots if you are press. Change your recruiting: guards, speed, bh, ath, pas... get that higher everywhere. Bigs ; high ath, high reb. Profit. Don't give up : the game takes time to learn.
4/13/2017 7:35 AM
1) Your IQs are terrible. Starters: Broussard is a D and Sprangler is a C.
2) You have fatigue problems as noted above.
3) You are not running slowdown, you are normal pace, which is contributing to your fatigue problems. Vs. Fontboone a started played 35 min. He be exhausted. Seems you only rest guys when then get into foul trouble, which is frequently because they are dead tired.

Hang in there.
4/13/2017 11:16 AM
Btw, I know you didn't ask for other advice but I'll offer it anyway.

First, your ath/def ratings are real bad. The guy with a 3 def makes me want to cry. Don't get anyone under 30 ath/def. Start there. Try to get into the 50s at least.

Also, you have two guys with 1 WE and another with 4 WE. Those guys won't improve AT ALL. Anything they gain during the season will be lost in the offseason. On your team, I'd cut the following

Spangler
Almarez
Harris
Ellis
Stuart

Only reason I didn't say cut Fischer is because he'll be a senior so you might as well keep him around for 1 more season and you would already cut so many other guys. But I definitely wouldn't be opposed to cutting him.

Trust me, you can and will do better next recruiting season.
4/13/2017 7:07 PM
Get higher stamina guys for your press. That will help with fatigue issues
4/13/2017 7:16 PM
You guys are geniuses. First game with modified rest settings, we turn the ball over only 7 times and pull off a 31 point upset. Appreciate it!
4/14/2017 2:33 AM
Posted by Benis on 4/13/2017 7:07:00 PM (view original):
Btw, I know you didn't ask for other advice but I'll offer it anyway.

First, your ath/def ratings are real bad. The guy with a 3 def makes me want to cry. Don't get anyone under 30 ath/def. Start there. Try to get into the 50s at least.

Also, you have two guys with 1 WE and another with 4 WE. Those guys won't improve AT ALL. Anything they gain during the season will be lost in the offseason. On your team, I'd cut the following

Spangler
Almarez
Harris
Ellis
Stuart

Only reason I didn't say cut Fischer is because he'll be a senior so you might as well keep him around for 1 more season and you would already cut so many other guys. But I definitely wouldn't be opposed to cutting him.

Trust me, you can and will do better next recruiting season.
:( I thought Alamaraz and Fischer were pretty good finds..... I can overlook work ethic sometimes, I guess because I am used to GD, so the idea of capped improvement in ratings bugs me anyway. Thanks for the feedback!
4/14/2017 2:34 AM
Posted by coach_ruiz on 4/14/2017 2:33:00 AM (view original):
You guys are geniuses. First game with modified rest settings, we turn the ball over only 7 times and pull off a 31 point upset. Appreciate it!
Quick update.... 2-0 since I've stopped working my starters like Chinese laborers. Thanks for the feedback on the attributes too guys. I think I will keep a closer eye on ATH and DEF from now on... without this guidance I was ready to give up on the game out of frustration.
4/15/2017 6:55 AM
Sounds great coach_ruiz. GL the rest of the season
4/15/2017 8:20 AM
Posted by coach_ruiz on 4/15/2017 6:55:00 AM (view original):
Quick update.... 2-0 since I've stopped working my starters like Chinese laborers. Thanks for the feedback on the attributes too guys. I think I will keep a closer eye on ATH and DEF from now on... without this guidance I was ready to give up on the game out of frustration.
Nice job.

When you start recruiting, post on here what the ratings are of players you're looking at (Leaving out names) so we can help you understand what to look for.
4/15/2017 9:09 AM
Definitely read the section on Player Evaluation in the How to win at D2 and D3 post pinned at the top of the board. The recruiting process in that post is dated, but you can apply a lot of material in that post to the Guide to the new HD 3.0 Release thread also pinned at the top to help you build winning teams.

Don't give up, just study successful coaches teams, learn what they're doing and apply it to your own teams.
4/15/2017 1:54 PM
I had a crap team who was 7-20 with my only good players all graduating and was getting ready to quit. I signed up for a mentor and got so much better.
4/15/2017 4:20 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/15/2017 9:09:00 AM (view original):
Nice job.

When you start recruiting, post on here what the ratings are of players you're looking at (Leaving out names) so we can help you understand what to look for.
Thanks guys. Looking for a center this year. Minimum guidelines were 40-40 in ath. And def. With that I have 3 serious targets. Target one: 58 reb (green) 45 lp (red) 32 work ethic who runs our offense. Target 2: 69 reb, 24 lp (green) 43 we. Target 3: 66 reb (yellow) 51 lp (yellow) and 28 we who runs our defense.l
4/20/2017 10:00 AM
12 Next ▸
Why the F*$& Do I Keep Turning The Ball Over?! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.