Things you might not know.... Topic

1. You don't really need to scout transfers. If you click on their old team, you can go to the game log, pop open a box score and look at their stats and how much they improved.

2. You can promise ineligibles minutes and starts and it doesn't mean crap. You don't have to honor the promises if they are ineligible for a year (D2 and D1 only).

3. All the recruits in PR are less than 100 miles away from the three colleges there. Apparently, PR isn't very big.

4. Most of the JUCO players are in CA.

5. If you offer a scholarship to a player and he doesn't sign with anyone, he'll show up the next season in recruit pool considering you.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
6. Offering promises of minutes and starts has a multiplier effect on all future actions.
7. If you made promises to a guy you really don't want to keep, you can give him zero minutes in SH and hope he goes ineligible.
8. You only have to start a player roughly 21 starts in the regular season to satisfy the promise.
4/26/2017 8:36 PM (edited)
Another thing people may not know, unless they read a specific part of a specific thread a few weeks ago...

Promises affect the value of home and campus visits, apart from their stand alone value, and apart from the playing time preference. If you're going to maybe offer promises, it's better to do it before you do visits.

As for your list, I would just add for number 5, this one has been hard to take advantage of. I've gone into the final cycle at very high and the only scholarship offer half a dozen times at least, and those guys have signed with sims in the final cycle every time.
4/26/2017 2:54 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 4/26/2017 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Another thing people may not know, unless they read a specific part of a specific thread a few weeks ago...

Promises affect the value of home and campus visits, apart from their stand alone value, and apart from the playing time preference. If you're going to maybe offer promises, it's better to do it before you do visits.

As for your list, I would just add for number 5, this one has been hard to take advantage of. I've gone into the final cycle at very high and the only scholarship offer half a dozen times at least, and those guys have signed with sims in the final cycle every time.
That, I didn't know.

And for the #5 it works for AP as well, if I am up, I will drop 1 AP on 40 guys the last cycle and offer scholarships to as many guys I think are worth it. I usually have about a 20-30 player rollover to the next season.
4/26/2017 3:01 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/26/2017 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 4/26/2017 2:54:00 PM (view original):

That, I didn't know.

And for the #5 it works for AP as well, if I am up, I will drop 1 AP on 40 guys the last cycle and offer scholarships to as many guys I think are worth it. I usually have about a 20-30 player rollover to the next season.
Are you offering in the final cycle, or before that? And are these typically D1 projected recruits, or lower?
4/26/2017 3:34 PM
Also, if anyone was wondering on the promises issue, this was from page 8 of the battle results thread, about a month ago. CS confirmed on ticket, buddhagamer reported.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=499912&page=8
4/26/2017 3:41 PM
Why is #2 only for D2 and D3?
4/26/2017 3:42 PM
For #5 would he still start off considering you if he is projected a division above you?
4/26/2017 3:42 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 4/26/2017 3:42:00 PM (view original):
ineligibles are eligible in d3
4/26/2017 4:25 PM
This may seem simple but honestly my brain didn't think of it, is that you don't have to spend money to sign a recruit. Being now a scholarship offer + promise minutes / start = $0 you don't have to sign someone and spend a dime. My 3 signings this season so far I have not used any money to sign them. Coming from 2.0 my brain went automatic into sending a home visit or 2 to lock a recruit down but it really isn't needed if you don't have to.

One of the recruits I also signed I used 0 money with no minutes offered. So I basically kept him at 15 AP offered schollie when available and then eventually he signed.
4/26/2017 4:50 PM (edited)
"What about if you make the Promises and the Home Visits on the same cycle?" I was about to ask this question, but it was answered in the other thread. Because a lot of times Promises and Home Visits become available on the same cycle.

From the other thread:

"Yes, you can take advantage of them in the same cycle. Promises are processed first before other actions."
4/26/2017 5:23 PM
This is a good idea. I like it.
4/26/2017 8:07 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/26/2017 4:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 4/26/2017 3:42:00 PM (view original):
ineligibles are eligible in d3
So wouldn't that make #2 only for D1 and D2? Because it won't work for D3 since they'd be eligible and you would have to honor the promises? Or am I totally misreading something here ?
4/26/2017 10:04 PM (edited)
Um, yeah? Fixed it, I am an idiot....
4/26/2017 8:33 PM
I have had more ineligibles show up to school as eligible in the new engine (they get a qualifying score out of the blue). So be careful with your promises if you don't intend to keep them.
4/26/2017 8:46 PM
You can also have 2 ineligibles in the same class now. I have seen it happen twice in 3.0 already.
4/26/2017 8:48 PM
12 Next ▸
Things you might not know.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.