PLAYER ROLE/SYSTEM ROLE Topic

Just curious to hear thoughts using the system role vs creating your own or nor using system role.
5/15/2017 8:34 PM
Only you can really dictate what you want to use. I usually use it as a reference for who will be better at PG/SG or PF/C in a toss up.

At D3 I've always used 50.0 as someone who can effectively play a position.
5/15/2017 8:39 PM (edited)
I've created my own. I never use the three-digit OVR offered by WIS ratings anymore.
5/15/2017 9:47 PM
I used to use the default roles with stamina and durability removed (so technically I had to create it). They're pretty decent at giving you a general idea about who is good and who should play where.

Now that I'm more experienced though I prefer to use specialized roles instead of all-encompassing ones. E.g. Distributor, perimeter scorer, inside scorer, perimeter defense, inside defense, etc. Doing it this way makes it easier for me to organize my lineups to try and keep them balanced.
5/15/2017 10:36 PM
I haven't actually looked in to it, has anyone ever created a thread based on created roles?
5/15/2017 10:44 PM
Yeah I'd really like to make my own player roles but I'm not quite sure on how to rate each attribute correctly. There has to be a walk through on it ..
5/15/2017 10:52 PM
Thanks for the input.
5/16/2017 1:17 AM
Posted by mrslam34 on 5/15/2017 10:36:00 PM (view original):
I used to use the default roles with stamina and durability removed (so technically I had to create it). They're pretty decent at giving you a general idea about who is good and who should play where.

Now that I'm more experienced though I prefer to use specialized roles instead of all-encompassing ones. E.g. Distributor, perimeter scorer, inside scorer, perimeter defense, inside defense, etc. Doing it this way makes it easier for me to organize my lineups to try and keep them balanced.
Not sure if it was an interview or a post, but recall reading billyg saying to think of players in terms of the role they would play, not the position
5/16/2017 11:51 AM
Posted by jt2xTTU on 5/16/2017 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mrslam34 on 5/15/2017 10:36:00 PM (view original):

Not sure if it was an interview or a post, but recall reading billyg saying to think of players in terms of the role they would play, not the position
So much good info in this interview: https://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=interview_20120702

5/16/2017 1:38 PM
I would also like a guide to player roles, I've never used them but I think they could help me.
5/17/2017 12:46 PM
PLAYER ROLE/SYSTEM ROLE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.