Promised Starts Topic

Anyone have any insight on how many games you can get away with not starting a player you promised a start to? I'm fine with a work ethic drop, but don't want to risk a transfer at the end of the season.

In first season of 3.0 I started a guy 15 of 31 games and he transferred. So I know the percentage of starts has to be more than that. I also assume there's not a set percent of starts that need to be made and that it will be different every time, but of course a guy wouldn't transfer if there were only like 2 games he didn't start. So, where's the line where you're 'safe' and can be (almost) positive he won't transfer? Is starting 75% (say 24 of 32 games) a decent estimate?
5/19/2017 10:01 AM
I seem to recall reading on the forums that the magic number is around 80%. That is not from experience, just what I remember reading.
5/19/2017 10:09 AM
80% in general, though some players are a bit flexible on that. And you can catch up in the playoffs if you need to, but playoff non-starts won't count against you.
5/19/2017 10:39 AM
Doogan, in my experience, it's strictly 80%, and it only applies to the regular season, so 21 of 26 games gets you there as long you never go below 80%. So give the start at least the first 4 games, more if you games after that if the games aren't too tough. Then just keep it 80 or above, trying to sit the player in your toughest games.
5/19/2017 10:50 AM
Posted by jskenner on 5/19/2017 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Doogan, in my experience, it's strictly 80%, and it only applies to the regular season, so 21 of 26 games gets you there as long you never go below 80%. So give the start at least the first 4 games, more if you games after that if the games aren't too tough. Then just keep it 80 or above, trying to sit the player in your toughest games.
This
I almost always have a player with promise and I stick to this. Only had one or two players email and i got them back to 80% and they was happy again. And I never had someone leave.
5/19/2017 1:03 PM
Very helpful responses. Thanks to all!
5/19/2017 1:16 PM
Promised Starts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.