Rescinding a Player You Signed Topic

Has anyone rescinded a players scholarship that you signed? I have a player that I signed out of desperation, depth and stupidity but have a recruit I'm in very good shape with that is already better than him and projects much better. From what I read in the FAQ is that it takes quite a hit in your Coach Prestige and could hurt me in future recruiting.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done it and if you could really see the effects of doing this.

Thank you in advance,
5/22/2017 5:44 PM
Honestly not sure how much coaching reputation plays into recruiting any longer under the 3.0 system since we're now in a see-it, recruit-it realm and you can literally see anybody your budget allows you to. There are no "shadow players" that you can't see.

But, if it works as previous, you will drop 2 steps (from A+ to A-, for instance) and the recovery time will be 2 seasons (you basically heal one step per season).

The biggest impact would be in the hiring process if you're looking to switch to D1 in the next season or so, but even then, at A-, I'm not sure you'd disqualify yourself from any positions. Personally, it'd be a no-brainer cut-and-upgrade and I wouldn't lose sleep over it for a second.
5/22/2017 6:00 PM
Posted by BDsaint785 on 5/22/2017 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Has anyone rescinded a players scholarship that you signed? I have a player that I signed out of desperation, depth and stupidity but have a recruit I'm in very good shape with that is already better than him and projects much better. From what I read in the FAQ is that it takes quite a hit in your Coach Prestige and could hurt me in future recruiting.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done it and if you could really see the effects of doing this.

Thank you in advance,
I understand the question you're asking. You signed 3 guys to cover your three senior losses and want to take back one of those signings. Can't be done, you'd need to cut one of your existing guys to create the opening.
5/22/2017 6:10 PM
Posted by rednu on 5/22/2017 6:01:00 PM (view original):
Honestly not sure how much coaching reputation plays into recruiting any longer under the 3.0 system since we're now in a see-it, recruit-it realm and you can literally see anybody your budget allows you to. There are no "shadow players" that you can't see.

But, if it works as previous, you will drop 2 steps (from A+ to A-, for instance) and the recovery time will be 2 seasons (you basically heal one step per season).

The biggest impact would be in the hiring process if you're looking to switch to D1 in the next season or so, but even then, at A-, I'm not sure you'd disqualify yourself from any positions. Personally, it'd be a no-brainer cut-and-upgrade and I wouldn't lose sleep over it for a second.
I've cut one in each of the last two seasons at D3. Still A+
5/22/2017 9:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/22/2017 9:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 5/22/2017 6:01:00 PM (view original):

I've cut one in each of the last two seasons at D3. Still A+
Players that you personally signed? (as opposed to players who SimAI or the previous owner had signed prior to your taking over?)

And poking around, I can't even find where coaching reputation is listed any longer...where did you find it? [ETA...found it on the jobs page]
5/22/2017 9:09 PM
Yes, two I signed in my first class. Another owner in same division, mumcoach, has cut even more.
5/22/2017 9:37 PM
Good to know because I have a player I signed that is a steaming pile of crap and I want him gone. I don't care what the rep hit is. I'll be better in the long run rather than hold onto that bozo until he graduates.
5/22/2017 9:59 PM
Coach: MikeT23
Loyalty: A+
Current Season: 95
Program: Ok
Renewal: No Seasons
Scholarships/Available: 12/1
Homecourt: D+
Job: Exceeding expectations

Just in case someone takes a hit after reading this. In the "Recruiting from a n00b viewpoint" thread, you can see I signed 4 in my first class. Juco and 3 freshmen. I only have one Sr this season. I cut the 1st two I signed.
5/22/2017 10:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/22/2017 9:37:00 PM (view original):
Yes, two I signed in my first class. Another owner in same division, mumcoach, has cut even more.
Interesting and good to know...will help take some of the pain (or at least recovery time) off people who take over new teams and only get to come in with Session 2 recruiting.
5/22/2017 11:43 PM
Rescinding a Player You Signed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.