Sell WhatIfSports? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
its basically free money, this website probably piggy backs off of there existing servers. So they probably pay .05 a day for it realistically. It brings in money regardless of player base. If 5 people were playing in 1 world it would still be profitable with no staff running it. Which is basically how it is...
7/7/2017 4:03 PM
Fox is effectively abusing us.
7/7/2017 10:07 PM
The sad part is a lot of people thought this game would get a huge boost when FOX bought it, but the opposite actually happened as they've been running it into the ground.
7/8/2017 12:50 AM
WIS mattered when the folks who created it owned it - it was their thing - and the dollars mattered to them

to Fox, it is too small to be worth worrying about - probably too small to be worth the effort/cost of selling at any reasonable price - whatever that is.

IFFFFF one believed that a little effort would say double the net income, it likely would not be worth it for them

HD is clearly in zero effort mode - making minimal expenditures to sustain whatever revenue it produces. I assume the other games are in the same place or worse.
7/8/2017 5:26 AM
Fox and Rupert Murdoch are minions of Satan.
7/8/2017 6:07 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/7/2017 10:07:00 PM (view original):
No. No one is being held at gunpoint and being told "Buy our product."

If you feel you're being abused, you can walk away and they will not hunt you down.
7/8/2017 11:03 AM
Yes they will!
7/8/2017 12:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/8/2017 11:03:00 AM (view original):

If you feel you're being abused, you can walk away and they will not hunt you down.
Doesn't mean they shouldn't put out a decent product. F a money guzzling Corp. Especially one that bought something the fans loved only to milk it dry. I don't know why people like you want to give big business the benefit of the doubt while they're ramming the little guy in the butt. All you do is spout off about personal responsibility, which I'm with that, but you got WIS ***** in the other side of your mouth while shitting on the actual people that make this a game, the players.
7/8/2017 12:08 PM
Posted by cardman17 on 7/8/2017 12:08:00 PM (view original):

Doesn't mean they shouldn't put out a decent product. F a money guzzling Corp. Especially one that bought something the fans loved only to milk it dry. I don't know why people like you want to give big business the benefit of the doubt while they're ramming the little guy in the butt. All you do is spout off about personal responsibility, which I'm with that, but you got WIS ***** in the other side of your mouth while shitting on the actual people that make this a game, the players.
This got very sexual in a hurry.
7/8/2017 12:52 PM
Posted by cardman17 on 7/8/2017 12:08:00 PM (view original):

Well, actually, I get annoyed when people say dumb **** like "Fox is effectively abusing us" when dumbshits who feel that way keep plunking down money.

It's a ******* sim game on the internet. Polesmokers on here are constantly telling me "You have no life." Fine, you don't know me but, if that's your thing, so be it. But you know what I won't do? Give someone money to "abuse" me. If you don't like the ******* product, quit ******* playing. But the complainers can't. You know why? Because then they have nothing to complain about. Bunch of women around here, Nancy.

So STFU or go away. Matters not to me.
7/8/2017 1:42 PM
To be perfectly clear, because many of you don't understand anything but, the complainers are the abused wives of the world.

Husband beats her. She swears she's leaving the next time it happens. It happens. She has a pity party with her friends for three days. Then goes back.

WifS says they're going to do something. Users swear if they don't do it, they're quitting. WifS does nothing. Users have a little complaint party in the forums. Then buys a 5 pack.

Take control of your life.
7/8/2017 1:53 PM
Comparing wis users to battered women is a bit of a stretch. It's also pretty dumb
7/8/2017 2:17 PM
Probably a TAD inappropriate.
7/8/2017 2:22 PM
Posted by metsmax on 7/8/2017 5:26:00 AM (view original):
WIS mattered when the folks who created it owned it - it was their thing - and the dollars mattered to them

to Fox, it is too small to be worth worrying about - probably too small to be worth the effort/cost of selling at any reasonable price - whatever that is.

IFFFFF one believed that a little effort would say double the net income, it likely would not be worth it for them

HD is clearly in zero effort mode - making minimal expenditures to sustain whatever revenue it produces. I assume the other games are in the same place or worse.
FOX is and pretty much always has been interested in using WIS to predict real-life outcomes and for real-life fantasy sports to try to keep up/compete with the Joneses, however they refuse and/or don't realize that A. Nobody cares about their predictions and B. That's never what this site was made for or intended to do...there's so much more to the product and they don't understand or care about how unique of a product that they have.

TK sold out to FOX in 2005 and arguably lied and at the very least, greatly over-exaggerated the playership on this site (he said they had 500,000 active users....HAAAAAAAAAA!). They kept him on as an advisor/consultant, but fired him eventually.

FOX doesn't realize or care about the potential of this thing, but TK set them up for this by greatly exaggerating the playership on the site. On top of that, seble ruined multiple games on this site before he left (NBA sim, HD, GD?...whatever else he touched) and it's currently the biggest shitpile it's ever been.
7/8/2017 2:43 PM (edited)
123 Next ▸
Sell WhatIfSports? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.