It Used to be that you could only lose a maximum of six total players per year. If you have three seniors, but you can only lose three early entries. If you have one walk on, for seniors, you could only lose one early entry.

for the third time since 3.0 was released, I have lost seven players. They made excuses the first few times, but this is ridiculous. Did I misunderstand the rule? I was naturally losing three players this year and I had four declare early.
I had no one-year transfers that was the excuse one year), I didn't have more than one walk on ( one year the excuse was that I had four walk on's the year after after losing five early entries). What is going on? What am I missing?
8/15/2017 2:18 PM
my understanding of the rule is that you will not lose more than 6 players to graduation plus EE - except that one year transfers dont count

walkons are ignored - so if you have five seniors, you can lose one more player as an EE - and howvere many walkons as you have will also leave.

8/15/2017 2:57 PM
I believe mamxet is correct that when the cap rule was originally instituted it was the combination of graduating seniors and Early Entries that would max out at 6.

I remember it was discussed in the forums on whether to include walk-ons, but seble(?) added that it was limited to scholarship players leaving and not scholarship players retained. I think the first season this was put in I lost 4 seniors, 2 juniors went early entry and had 2 walk-ons. Returned only two freshmen and 2 sophs.

I think if the cap included walk-ons, it could be gamed a bit by taking multiple walk-ons and protecting blue-chip underclassmen from leaving early.
8/15/2017 3:17 PM
Well its way easier to take multiple walk-ons now that its no longer 51/49... so an argument could be made that walk-ons should be included in the cap limit.
8/15/2017 3:49 PM
If walk-ons were included, and you have 3 seniors and 3 walk-ons, you'd be assured of no early entries. I guess I don't follow how that would be preferred.

Those senior transfers were highly fought after recruits until the rule was modified to exclude them from the 6.
8/15/2017 9:26 PM (edited)
Well the 6 player cap was instituted back in HD 2.0 where if you lost an EE, you got full resources to replace him, if you were able to correctly identify a winning battle, you would sign a recruit 100% of the time. So right now, its likely 10 times easier doing nothing wrong to end up with a large # of walk-ons even though you pretty much did everything right so maybe the cap limit and how it works in relation to how HD 3.0 works *NOW* should be revisited maybe?
8/15/2017 9:54 PM
Thanks for the clarification.
Apparently walkons do not count as losses like they did in 2.0.
the first two seasons of 3.0 I lost 5 ee's each time and couldn't adequately prepare. Two seasons in a row with 7 total losses and impossible recruiting replacements the first season. (2 seniors).
i knew about the transfer not counting later. Oops.
Now it's time to learn the hard way again. Oh well.

I guess the fristration is that that the rules just are very hard to interpret and it's virtually impossible to recruit many replacements in the second session. Pretty harsh penalty for a questionable interpretation of a rule that's been changed since 2.0.
8/15/2017 10:08 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.