I know the class limit is 6. How does that work if I have more than 6 scholarships available? Let's say I have 7 scholarships available. Does that mean after I sign 6 players (assuming all FR) that I cannot sign another player? Would my 7th spot then automatically have to be filled by a walkon? Or can I sign a 7th FR and redshirt them?
9/7/2017 1:46 PM
You'll need to sign a non FR to fill the 7th Spot (Juco or Transfer). You can't sign 7 FR and just RS one of them.
9/7/2017 1:52 PM
So if someone had 12 scholarships and signed 6 FR, they would then be given 6 walkons? Assuming that they did not sign any Juco or transfers.
9/7/2017 2:04 PM
Well... there was a rumor out there that with 3.0, you could only have have a max of 3 walkons.. but it seems to really not be the case. So yes you would be given 6 walkons if you didn't sign any jucos or transfers.
9/7/2017 2:40 PM
You can recruit six total players in any given class. There are some odd exceptions, but thats the basics.
9/7/2017 3:21 PM (edited)
in the 12 schollie example, you can sign no more than 6 freshmen.

You can then sign jucos or transfers for the remaining slots

If you dont fill slots, you will get walkons. If you have a TON of walkons you may get players signed to schollies for you - I have not followed closely the circs in which that allegedly happens in 3.0

9/7/2017 3:58 PM
also if you have a redshirt freshman you can only sign 5 freshman not 6 as that one counts towards your 6 limit
9/7/2017 5:45 PM
Is there a way to free up scholarships? Ie.. revoke it or release a player
9/11/2017 5:23 PM
Posted by brockporter1 on 9/11/2017 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Is there a way to free up scholarships? Ie.. revoke it or release a player
You can revoke scholarships during the second recruiting phase (assuming it isn't a player that was signed during Phase 1 that season). If it is a player originally signed by Sim or another coach, you'll receive the full resources for the scholarship. If it was a player you signed, you get zippo.
9/11/2017 5:28 PM
Yeah I thought there was a cap on 3 walk on's also, and then the Sim would actually "sign" the rest of the class. I have seen several Sim squads with six and seven walk on FR.
9/13/2017 6:58 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.