Back to the EE discussion Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2017 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Can anyone provide a couple of examples of a team, under the same coach/user, that made an Elite 8, lost 3 or more EE, then failed to make the NT the next season? I keep reading "hard to remain competitive". First, it should be hard. Second, this is a consumer product. The same 15 users making the E8 every season is fun for 15 users, not so much for everyone else. So maybe "good competitive" isn't E8 every year. Maybe it's a NT appearance with the OPPORTUNITY to make E8.
The RL 2012-2013 Kentucky Wildcats ... Kentucky won the National Title in 2011-2 and didn't make the tourney the following season after the entire starting five left early ... oh wait ... you were looking for the "unrealistic" HD examples ... my bad.
9/27/2017 4:36 PM (edited)
generally, with each 'major' game / engine change, a new strategy is required. I think I could go even further, a different sort of user personality might even be required. I think in the early game, the game was very much a math model (pre - potential). Then the game became a little more like playing on line poker, with high stakes recruits available, and teams able to actually benefit from ee's, as having 5-6 open scholies game users more options / flexibility in recruiting. Super teams, esp in d1, was the name of the game. And if you could get to a+ and get your conference good enough, you were hard to beat if you could recruit.

3.0 tuned that advantage down substantially, such that a different mind set is or lets say might be required. I'm not exactly sure what that mindset is, but I think several of you are onto something, i.e. changing the way you recruit / game plan / team build / etc. I would not suggest coaches ignore recruits who will EE, but I think there is room for some balance,. as at least one of you suggested. I've probably have tried a half dozen different things since 3.0 was introduced, most of them didn't work out, but I keep trying.

I think the time to try and get the changes right in terms of the game designers and user feedback to the game designers is b4 or while the changes are made. Once made, it's probably best to simply try and learn how to beat the new release. And if the release is really bad, eventually the programmers will fix things. yet, potential might be the only example I can think of where a major fix took place after a substantial release though, so I would not hold my breathe that EE's will change.

That's all I got.

Carry on.
9/27/2017 4:02 PM (edited)
My guess, if you're completely new to HD, you don't really see the flaws that are discussed, ad nauseam, on these boards. It took me a couple of weeks to even know what "EE" meant. I didn't want to ask, people seemed really riled up, so I waited til I could figure it out.

And, if you're new, you don't have a preset "best" way to play.

I'm not sure many holdovers understand this.
9/27/2017 3:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2017 3:02:00 PM (view original):
My guess, if you're completely new to HD, you don't really see the flaws that are discussed, ad nauseam, on these boards. It took me a couple of weeks to even know what "EE" meant. I didn't want to ask, people seemed really riled up, so I waited til I could figure it out.

And, if you're new, you don't have a preset "best" way to play.

I'm not sure many holdovers understand this.
"The new guys don't know any better" is a really crappy argument for keeping the 3.0 status quo.

I don't see any complaining just for the sake of complaining (anymore -- again, those folks are gone). If people are complaining now -- and I'm one of those who thinks 3.0 is flawed -- it's because they want the game improved. If seble is smart/really cares about the product, he'll solicit some views on the best ways to improve the game.
9/27/2017 3:19 PM
Posted by waykbordr on 9/27/2017 1:50:00 PM (view original):
I'll go ahead and make prediction and add my Ole Miss team with my all2matt ID as a team that will be sitting at home next season. I think transfers are the only way to salvage a decimated team. It helps by adding more developed talent and balances out your classes in bad situations. So if you plan on fielding elite teams you better do it in California.
Back to my transfer juco subject: a great idea would be to add in 50 or so surprise D1 JuCOS that are not seen or available til the second period. It would give new coaches, EE coaches, and people who messed the 1st to have a group of players to recruit on EQUAL footing.

right now their are very very few transfers that allow for that. It would help a lot of the recruiting deficiencies right now. If your a coach that how's he's hosed for the 1st session then you can save money back for the new recruits coming up in the second with out having to play from behind.
9/27/2017 3:43 PM
Posted by waykbordr on 9/27/2017 3:43:00 PM (view original):
I'll go ahead and make prediction and add my Ole Miss team with my all2matt ID as a team that will be sitting at home next season. I think transfers are the only way to salvage a decimated team. It helps by adding more developed talent and balances out your classes in bad situations. So if you plan on fielding elite teams you better do it in California.
Back to my transfer juco subject: a great idea would be to add in 50 or so surprise D1 JuCOS that are not seen or available til the second period. It would give new coaches, EE coaches, and people who messed the 1st to have a group of players to recruit on EQUAL footing.

right now their are very very few transfers that allow for that. It would help a lot of the recruiting deficiencies right now. If your a coach that how's he's hosed for the 1st session then you can save money back for the new recruits coming up in the second with out having to play from behind.
That's something else I argued for in beta. I still think it would probably be a good idea. Not 5-star caliber guys, but 650-range OVR guys who can step in and contribute, especially if they know the sets.
9/27/2017 4:18 PM
Posted by waykbordr on 9/27/2017 3:43:00 PM (view original):

Why not just have no JUCOs until the second session? First session is HS players. Second session is leftover HSers, JUCOs and transfers. And have some SIM AI players transfer, just to add to the pool.
9/27/2017 5:39 PM
Additional "fillers" as marginal JUCO players would help in these instances
9/27/2017 7:26 PM
... or if you hate recruiting and EE in D1, move down a division where you won't have those problems ;-)
9/27/2017 7:46 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Back to the EE discussion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.