Cant access my naismith team Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm showing someone else as the coach of New Orleans in Naismith.
10/19/2017 8:28 PM
That really sucks. So I paid for the season, lost the team, someone else is coach, submitted the ticket, and no response. Wow.

When I returned to New Orleans, it said "No coaches had applied for the team". I clicked the link, and I was back in, and I thought that was that.

Did a lot to build that squad up. I really hope WIS fixes this.
10/19/2017 10:19 PM (edited)
someone else shows as the coach - i think unlikely that wis removes him

click on previously played worlds, does Naismith show up?

you may be able to reserve another Nais team when that cycle comes back
10/20/2017 1:20 AM
Are you saying you don't have an unused credit?

Losing the team isn't WifS' fault but you should have a credit.
10/20/2017 6:47 AM
Losing the team is their fault because I re signed up with the team before anyone else had claimed new orleans. If it said that someone else had applied, I would understand.

In addition, I do not have an unused credit, I just lost the money without an added season.
10/20/2017 7:22 AM
submit a ticket and pester - although alas I bet all they will do at this point is give you a credit. Are you sure the payment processed through?
10/20/2017 8:51 AM
If it's a bug it's a pretty horrible one -- it means any of us could randomly lose a team we've duly renewed during any job change period. An explanation is definitely needed here.
10/20/2017 9:55 AM
Wow I actually have relative information! Same thing happened to me. Here is WIS response from the ticket I sent in

If you fail to renew your team, you may have one last chance to get it back. On the jobs page you can return yourself to the job up until another coach has applied or hired for the job. Once another coach applies, you will also have to apply and win it back through the normal job process. If you have zero remaining seasons in the world, you will need to add one in order to use this feature.

If you were forced to apply and were denied it is because your success did not qualify you for the job.

If you take over a job with a close to the minimum success requirement, and do not have successful seasons, your rating will drop below the minimum and you will not be eligible to return to that school unless you can use the restore feature.

Thank you.

10/20/2017 11:31 AM
Here's the rest of the ticket history, might be some useful stuff in here too:
1/11/2016 2:19 PM next_man_up
I've been in the NT for the past 10 seasons, and my prestige just went up to an A , not really understanding why I'm all of a sudden not eligible for any D2 schools now, but last yr was eligible for some d1 schools with a C/C- prestige.
1/11/2016 2:20 PM next_man_up
Forgot to mention that I already applied and it denied me , and the job is still available at the moment
1/11/2016 2:27 PM next_man_up
Honestly, there is no reason why I will lose my team, and frankly, I would be pretty discouraged to even play any of the games after this incident after being a happy customer on this account for 4 years
1/12/2016 11:35 AM Customer Support

Did you ever click the button at the top of the jobs page to immediately return you as coach? That is only available if no one else has applied for the job. That would have restored you as coach.

You would have been denied the job through the normal job application process because of your low reputation.

At this point another coach has taken the job. We would be open to a job swap if you contact the new coach and he agrees to give up the job.
1/15/2016 3:00 PM next_man_up
Can I get the money I spent for a season refunded? I probably won't be playing anymore.
1/15/2016 10:02 PM Customer Support
Did you attempt to contact the new coach? As I mentioned, we can facilitate a swap of teams if he's agreeable, although now it might be too late.

You can do refunds through your account info page (https://www.whatifsports.com/account/) by clicking the "Request a Refund" link on the right.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.
10/20/2017 11:35 AM
I still don't understand how I had a low reputation considering I had 10+ NT appearances at this school. I was eligible for C/C- DI the prior season, I can't imagine whatever I had done that season to lower my reputation enough where I wasn't even eligible for any DII schools.
10/20/2017 11:49 AM
Posted by bbunch on 10/19/2017 8:21:00 PM (view original):
Took new orleans (alma mater) to sweet 16 in naismith. Great run for us. I was late in renewing, but I renewed my team and it showed me as coach. I was able to access my team for a day.

Now I have no access to new orleans, or naismith at all for the last 2 days, even though I paid for and renewed the team. Submitted a ticket yesterday, no response so far. Definitely paid for the team, but cant access it.

Can anyone see if I am the coach of new orleans in naismith, or if its SIM ai? If u.n.o is now SIM ai, I wonder what my next steps are if I lost the team despite paying for another season.
New coach (who we all agree did nothing wrong) has LSU in his name, so smart money says he won't be giving up UNO.

I'm weirded out by you having access to your renewed team for a day then all of a sudden not. I've never heard of this happening before. Even when people renew late, once they are restored, that's it.
10/20/2017 11:53 AM
Posted by next_man_up on 10/20/2017 11:49:00 AM (view original):
I still don't understand how I had a low reputation considering I had 10+ NT appearances at this school. I was eligible for C/C- DI the prior season, I can't imagine whatever I had done that season to lower my reputation enough where I wasn't even eligible for any DII schools.
How many players did you cut/promises break? That's the way to lower your reputation ever since they eliminated the Pitino Option.
10/20/2017 12:06 PM
reputation is not about success - its about rescinding schollies and breaking promises
10/20/2017 12:09 PM
Posted by mamxet on 10/20/2017 8:51:00 AM (view original):
submit a ticket and pester - although alas I bet all they will do at this point is give you a credit. Are you sure the payment processed through?
I'm very confused by the whole thing. Wish there was a response at least. If the mistake was on my end, I don't see how, but would like at least an explanation.

It seems like the payment processed.
10/20/2017 12:14 PM
1234 Next ▸
Cant access my naismith team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.