Taking back minutes... Topic

If you offer a guy a start and 20 minutes and re-offer the guy 15 minutes... are there major penalties?
What about if you withdraw a start? Are you pretty much done if you take that back? Asking for a friend...
(Situation- zero challenges for a few recruits and so I might shoot higher and put this guy on the back seat. Don't wanna fully lose him though).
11/6/2017 12:13 PM
Posted by stewdog on 11/6/2017 12:13:00 PM (view original):
If you offer a guy a start and 20 minutes and re-offer the guy 15 minutes... are there major penalties?
What about if you withdraw a start? Are you pretty much done if you take that back? Asking for a friend...
(Situation- zero challenges for a few recruits and so I might shoot higher and put this guy on the back seat. Don't wanna fully lose him though).
You will get a big virtual middle finger.
11/6/2017 12:21 PM
I was 95% sure you did with the start (did that before... and kinda wanted it), but I didn't with the minute change.
Is that the reality? You're done with the recruit if you re-offer a lower minutes number?
11/6/2017 12:25 PM
Posted by stewdog on 11/6/2017 12:25:00 PM (view original):
I was 95% sure you did with the start (did that before... and kinda wanted it), but I didn't with the minute change.
Is that the reality? You're done with the recruit if you re-offer a lower minutes number?
Not done it personally but others have. Seble did it intentionally to prevent manipulating the bonus effect you get.
11/6/2017 12:27 PM
Stew you just hold up and stay in your lane and leave my guy alone :-)
11/6/2017 10:53 PM
Posted by stewdog on 11/6/2017 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Since recruiting actions are converted into recruiting credit at the time they are submitted, I pointed out to Seble during BETA that this could be exploited by offer high minutes first, then you dump your CV/HVs which are then converted immediately and then later reduce your minutes later. He made it such there is a penalty for doing so (so its worse to offer 20 mins, then back to 15 minutes than to just offer 15 minutes in the first place).

So there is a significant recruiting credit hit for doing what you are suggesting in your first question.

Withdrawl of offered start is likely huge since even if the recruit has no listed preference to play, it still carries a multiplier on subsequent effort so again withdrawing an offered start will likely make the recruit drop you completely from consideration.

Minutes/Starts are now very powerful tools and offering these early will help you win recruits way more easily but revoking them carry significant penalties.
11/7/2017 2:32 AM
Ha! thanks guys. I probably just need to sit back and be content. Thanks for talking me out of it!
11/7/2017 9:51 AM
Taking back minutes... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.