For the old timers here, I'm back for more punishment. I see that Naismith is still the most popular world. I read the devo chat and it looks like recruiting is massively changed. Any advice on how to recruit in Div 1? Is it still impossible for a B- team to beat an A+ school for a recruit?
11/6/2017 12:45 PM
It is not impossible, but you need some factors to line up in your favor.

The Cliffs Note version: if the recruit's preferences (playing time, location, offense/defense, etc) line up better for the B- team than the A+ team AND the B- team goes heavy after the player, they can get high enough probability odds to possibly grab the player.

For example, if you have a recruit from Cincinnati who wants to play close to home, wants motion/zone and playing time, a B- Xavier motion/zone squad can compete with the A+ Georgia Tech fastbreak/press team to land the recruit. But if A+ Ohio State also runs motion/zone and offers start+minutes, Xavier is in trouble.

I think the biggest difference to adjust to is that in 2.0, the team that put in the most effort always won; given the prestige differences, most B- teams couldn't invest enough resources to beat the A+ team 51-49 for a recruit. In 3.0, putting in the most effort gives you the best odds of landing the recruit, but does not guarantee you the recruit. Hence, HD players complain about "bad beats" where they were 70% to land a recruit and lost him to the 30% team.
11/6/2017 1:00 PM
you were gone?
11/6/2017 1:10 PM
I wouldn't recommend challenging an A+ school with a B- , others will suggest differently. I will say it takes a lot more time to be able to recruit effectively than the previous version.
11/6/2017 1:20 PM
Thanks Grimace... that makes a lot of sense. I'm going to be taking over Florida State in Iba, not sure who I'm taking in Naismith yet. I currently have Old Dominion reserved, but I think that will be changing. I asked to be release so I could do a little more homework before I pick that one.
11/6/2017 1:53 PM
It is important to make your AP count. In your example, if the B- has a preference advantage, and focuses their AP on a player, while the A- is after multiple guys and spreading his AP out, you can definitely win a battle like that. You can also win some players by just using AP to unlock a scholarship and offering it. That is not too likely if it is a player lots of guys will be after, but it has happened before too. The thing I like better is that it is not just who has the most cash and higher prestige any more because the most HVs you can put on a player is 20 and 1 CV. Playing time and starts are much more important now as well. Welcome back. I am at Hawaii in Iba, and determined to somehow win a title there. Someone will be able to do it.
11/6/2017 2:42 PM
Will welcome you to FSU, Iba. We need more humans!
11/6/2017 2:45 PM
Low DI rebuilds are a hell of a lot of fun. I successfully rebuilt Weber State in Wooden and am trying to do the same with Idaho State in Iba. Recruiting for Idaho State right now, and it's so fun.
11/6/2017 5:08 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.