99% what a joke Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Are you actually complaining that a D1 school signed a D1 player over you as a D3 school that only offered AP?

Maybe you are just venting, which I suppose is acceptable, but if not, could you elaborate what you think the problem is? I am legitimately interested in how you think the game should work.

And as an FYI, this happens reasonably frequently. D1 SIM schools do not respect D3 schools at moderate when they look to sign kids.
11/13/2017 8:32 AM
Yes, he is complaining about a DI school signing a DI recruit away from a DIII school. I think what has caused the frustration was that the DI school came out of nowhere (not even being considered) and, in one cycle, signed the recruit? I'm just guessing here.
11/13/2017 8:48 AM
this happens all the time in this game and in real life
11/13/2017 8:48 AM
Yeah... can't imagine seeing you get much sympathy for this one.

Or we can rehash the capping of D3 conversation to prevent this from ever happening!
11/13/2017 9:11 AM
I'm not sure, but by his post, I don't think he was complaining about the fact that the D1 school signed the recruit. I take it as.... he put enough AP in to get to 99% to just unlock the scholarship offer, and just when he was ready to offer the ship, and start pushing hard for the recruit, he signed somewhere else before he could get started. If that's the case, he can't possibly be "complaining" about the game. Just a lil "errrrrrrr" rant in a thread I'm guessing.
11/13/2017 9:39 AM
So..... you didn't even offer the recruit a scholarship before he was snagged by D1? No sympathy here. Even if you did offer the scholly, he still would have signed D1 anyway.
11/13/2017 9:48 AM
Zero sympathy. D1 kid being signed by a D1 Sim is not big news! If he had a D1 team at 99 percent I would sympathize. And what day was it? D3 cannot sign a D1 recruit till the final day of recruiting, so all may have been a moot point. Those of us who play D3 and recruit D1 see this ALL THE TIME. Find another and move on!
11/13/2017 10:37 AM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/13/2017 9:48:00 AM (view original):
So..... you didn't even offer the recruit a scholarship before he was snagged by D1? No sympathy here. Even if you did offer the scholly, he still would have signed D1 anyway.
Haha was about to say this.. OP should be thankful he didn't spend any money on HVs before he signed with D1.
11/13/2017 10:57 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 11/13/2017 10:37:00 AM (view original):
Zero sympathy. D1 kid being signed by a D1 Sim is not big news! If he had a D1 team at 99 percent I would sympathize. And what day was it? D3 cannot sign a D1 recruit till the final day of recruiting, so all may have been a moot point. Those of us who play D3 and recruit D1 see this ALL THE TIME. Find another and move on!
Its phelan so its not even the last day of recruiting yet.

But with some SIMPLE math, the OP could have just determined how many APs were needed to unlock the scholly instead of getting to 99%. Its not a mystery how much is required to open actions once you've sent a couple APs the recruits way. Just math.
11/13/2017 11:00 AM
I mean yeah, you had what 60 AP invested into him? I can see how that ruined your recruiting class.
11/13/2017 11:00 AM
Posted by KVegas on 11/13/2017 10:43:00 AM (view original):
I was at 99 ******* % to offer one and a d1 sim offers and accepts. How much is that sim paying a month to play? Trying to get my money back.
You’re not going to get your money back, nor should you. That’s the risk of chasing D1 projected talent as a D3 team.
11/13/2017 11:01 AM
This is a common problem for every single D3 coach. The great D3 coaches are able to overcome this season after season and manage to construct talented squads.
11/13/2017 11:31 AM
1234 Next ▸
99% what a joke Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.